The Pom Queen

Hating People without knowing them

Dont worry about it...those Perth meets are just full of old has beens:cry:

Don't say that - you'll spoil my perceptions :err:

PIO members are like triangles. Most of us are (a)cute but there are also those who are down right obtuse. Treat us all as equilaterals and we won't fall out. :biggrin:

That's just it though Doc, we are all different living in different time zones on different parts of the world.

But some do sadly use forums or other internet places to 'have a go or belittle' in a way they would never dream of in real life, i wouldn't have a drink with some on here as i know 100% it is how they are in real life.

Internet image is like the rubbish parent, looks good at the parent evening but behind the closed front door is a right bastard.

If you have never met a person how can you say you know 100% what they are like in real life? It is impossible.

It is also the same with people who come across lovely on here when in real life they are calculating/devious and cruel human beings.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

For this reason I wouldn't be surprised to learn that at least one member is locked up in some sort of institution.

Damn I've been rumbled :tongue:

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Dont worry about it...those Perth meets are just full of old has beens:cry:

Hey speak for yourself

Hate is very strong word I think. I don't "hate" anyone on here but there are people that I would find it hard to have in my house as they come across as quite bigoted and racist, although perhaps they can't see that. However, the other side of me feels sorry for those people and pities them as they are so ignorant. Can't win really lol.

No, hate is too strong for me and too tiring an emotion. Even the people I had on ignore before I went off the forum for a few weeks, I have now un-ignored. Whether or not this will prove to be stupid, only time will tell.

There are a few that I find quite odd inasmuch as they say one thing today, then next month say something different but then I suppose people are entitled to change their minds - just find it odd when they change their minds about things like their ethnicity!!

Generally speaking, both on here and in real life, I tend to walk about in my own little bubble most of the time and selfishly perhaps, I keep my main worrying for things that will directly affect me and my family, so things like Ebola aren't on my radar too much, things like IS recruiting young Muslims are.

I'm still not sure what a troll is in internet terms so it might be that this whole trolling business goes over my head. I stay off the majority of threads on here now as there are people posting rubbish things that are so nonsense it's unbelievable and even more unbelievable that other people seem to agree with them at times, but again, I put that down to ignorance and not knowing differently but believing everything that is spoon fed to them by the media.

post of the thread.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

If you have never met a person how can you say you know 100% what they are like in real life? It is impossible.

It is also the same with people who come across lovely on here when in real life they are calculating/devious and cruel human beings.

2nd best post of the thread.

What is a internet troll?

Ugly-and-Crazy-Man.jpg

Those that are given an imposed break and we all breathe a sigh of relief !

Pity it Didnt happen more often:laugh:

Sorry Kate, I disagree with the first sentence. You don't need to meet Hitler or to judge him by history or have any knowledge of him whatsoever other than what he wrote in Mein Kampf to know that he was a shlt. Same goes for what folk write on here and other forums and facebook.................you simply don't have to meet someone in order to know what they're like...............their words speak volumes as to just what kind of person they are, whether they don't come across like that in real life or not...............we can all put on an act when we want/need to............even if only to spare the other folk's feelings or hide our own............it's a human trait...........presenting differing personas to suit a situation

Your 2nd sentence I agree with. I've had some members in my home based on what they have written on PIO only to find out that they were simply liars and users.

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Hate as has been stated previously is a very strong word......there are people on this forum I regard as "non persons" (I couldn't give a sh!t about) and others who frankly I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire....but hate...probably not on this forum.....that emotion is felt to especially for those right wing commentators like Alan Jones and those in the Murdoch press like Bolt, Devine and Akermann.

Never argue with an idiot........he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

ok i dont HATE anyone on here but i am annoyed with a certain person whom i offered help to teach them a trade only for them to distrust me ?

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

ok i dont HATE anyone on here but i am annoyed with a certain person whom i offered help to teach them a trade only for them to distrust me ?
oooooh fa?

Those that are given an imposed break and we all breathe a sigh of relief !

welcome back.

Sorry Kate, I disagree with the first sentence. You don't need to meet Hitler or to judge him by history or have any knowledge of him whatsoever other than what he wrote in Mein Kampf to know that he was a shlt. Same goes for what folk write on here and other forums and facebook.................you simply don't have to meet someone in order to know what they're like...............their words speak volumes as to just what kind of person they are, whether they don't come across like that in real life or not...............we can all put on an act when we want/need to............even if only to spare the other folk's feelings or hide our own............it's a human trait...........presenting differing personas to suit a situation

Your 2nd sentence I agree with. I've had some members in my home based on what they have written on PIO only to find out that they were simply liars and users.

Yes Kev but think how pedophiles do their grooming. When they are chatting up a young girl and showing them photos of a good looking lad passing it off as them when really they are a middle aged sad bast@rd. We have said it before, anyone can be anything when they are behind a keyboard.

2 posters who are no longer members here knew my real name and sent me really nasty messages on Facebook. I wouldn't say I hated them but didn't have much love for them either. A couple of posters here are nasty pieces of work who get personal if you happen to disagree with them and I don't like that very much.

Yes Kev but think how pedophiles do their grooming. When they are chatting up a young girl and showing them photos of a good looking lad passing it off as them when really they are a middle aged sad bast@rd. We have said it before, anyone can be anything when they are behind a keyboard.

Oh to be 22 again and starting afresh in this wonderful land...

Bugga!! My bubble just popped.:sad:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest Guest66881

Never met Hitler but we all know what he was, so no it's not impossible.

As for the second comment, i wouldn't know as i don't get that close other than pm's and the odd email to a very small minority of members and so far been very friendly and normal.

people who come across lovely on here when in real life they are calculating/devious and cruel human beings
, i can only say 'some' have been ok at sometime then all of a sudden they became groupies with people they normally wouldn't give the time of day to.

I don't hate anyone, i feel sorry for some for being so insecure and needy but hate takes too much effort.

In real life i would happily have a drink with anyone whether they are PIO friends or foes, unfortunately i sense that most here hold onto grudges, i've on many occasion offered olive branches to people i've fallen out with to have then refused (FFS its a forum!!). This is why i have decided i will never go to a PIO meetup, I could imagine it now:laugh:

very clicque this place can be

I don't hate anyone, i feel sorry for some for being so insecure and needy but hate takes too much effort.

In real life i would happily have a drink with anyone whether they are PIO friends or foes, unfortunately i sense that most here hold onto grudges, i've on many occasion offered olive branches to people i've fallen out with to have then refused (FFS its a forum!!). This is why i have decided i will never go to a PIO meetup, I could imagine it now:laugh:

very clicque this place can be

Hey who said you would be invited :tongue:

Guest Guest66881
Hey who said you would be invited :tongue:

Didn't think we need to be do we?