Import Cost On a Porsche Boxter

Rubbidydub

HI

Has any one out there got a ball park, stab in the dark, rough cost price of what it would cost to import my beloved boxter over to OZ. Its worth around £12K and i can just imagine driving around Perth with the roof down enjoying the breeze unlike here where ya lucky to get the roof down half a dozen times!!!

Just want to know if its worth the cost of importing or loosing money on selling it?

Any one who can help with import fees or info pls shout!

thanks in advance

M&L

Guest pasha02

Hi i am in a similar position, i have a Bmw X5 4.4 and the value here is not great but over in Oz they are still worth quite a bit, anyhoo click on my user name and check my other posts, as i have posted various info on the taxes, import costs etc, i tried Karmann Shipping for a quote and they were very helpful, lots of info on the various taxes, fees etc...

Hope this was of some help

Regards

Paul

Cheers mate

Some good info there even if it is a bit confusing!!! Aussie value is about $36k to $40k so im looking about the same as you.....is that figure you gave of just over $8K does that include everything or are the shippin costs and quarantine cost on top of that..........The person who replied to your thread said around £8k that cant be right surely? no im not callin you surely lol

really cant bare to part with the car will that Karmann shipping give a quote?

Some gr8 help thanks

M

Guest Laura G

Hi guys,

Don't know if this is much help,

We had a Subaru Imprezza WRX STI it was worth about 15K in the UK in 2006, we looked into shipping it out, but you have to pay GST (equivalent VAT) import duty, the import tax is worked out on what the value is of the car in Australia and not the UK, we were looking at roughly 8,000 pounds including the container, we decided to sell, my OH really misses his favourite car.

BMW's really hold their money here as do Porsche's, any German car maker!!!! They do not seem to depreciate in the same way they do in the UK, I saw a really old 316 BMW in the paper it was more than 10 years old and was up for $15000.00AUD

Laura

Guest pasha02

Hi again, it really is a confusing malarky all this import stuff heh heh, the $8k the guy quoted was just the Oz side of things (i think) you then have the shipping on top of that, if i was you i would e-mail Karmann Shipping and get a quote direct from them, they detail all the smaller costs involved with the import as well, i tried to work out the various taxes,%, etc from the info they gave me and some 3hrs later i came to a figure of around £3800 give or take, no doubt this would be a mile out, and i would have forgotten something basic like magic tree import duty or something :jiggy:, its an on-going research at the moment so if i find anything else that would be of help i will let you know....When and where are you guys looking at going?

Regards

Paul

Archived