Brisbane area fibreglass pool fitters advice and recommendations

Eng32

Hi, we've not long moved to the Brisbane area (North side) and are looking to put a fibreglass pool in our new house. Can anyone recommend and good, reliable pool builders please. I need to get 3 quotes and I'm just not sure. Any other advice relating to this is also welcome.

thanks in advance :notworthy:

Hi, we've not long moved to the Brisbane area (North side) and are looking to put a fibreglass pool in our new house. Can anyone recommend and good, reliable pool builders please. I need to get 3 quotes and I'm just not sure. Any other advice relating to this is also welcome.

thanks in advance :notworthy:

Haven't used them personally but freedom pools seem OK (they're at Springwood).

Haven't used them personally but freedom pools seem OK (they're at Springwood).

Yeah thanks, I was thinking of using them for one of the quotes but need 3 and would really love personal recommendations as its a mine field.

thanks for the reply.

........a friend recently used these........http://www.cascadepools.com.au/

.........and while very good were a little pricey......!....they love the pool btw...

........I had a fibreglass many years ago.......but decided on concrete this time....

........have been very pleased with it..........low maintenance and was cheaper than the fibreglass of similar size...

.......a family business ,excellent IMO........http://www.boomerangpools.com.au/?p=home

.......the best of luck to you......tink X

......pool company's often will give you names of people willing to tell your their opinion of them.....

......true it's only the favourable comments.....lol.....

......but sometimes helps to know their reputation from actual recipients.....

......one piece of advice I was given......and after 3 pools have found invaluable....

......is not to scrimp on the filtration system...

......get the best you can afford.....that will easily cope with the pool and more...!

......best of luck......tink X

Ive heard of Freedom and Cascade,they seem to be ok, another one is Narellen Pools. We used Barrier Reef a few years ago and would never recommend them to anyone

Cal x

Hmmm ok that's good you warned me, I will give them a wide birth, it's seems easy to spend a lot of money and get a bad job! That's what iv heard from a few people hence I am on here asking personal views. It's too much money to have wasted or be disappointed.

Thanks for for the rely, much appreciated :)

our friend used freedom all was going along lovely until they had an accident due to an uneven finish around pool have taken them ages to get it sorted. they love the pool so check after market service as well

Ok, I was going to use Freedom pools as one of the quotes but can't find anything good about them on line...lots of bad reviews.... It's a mine field.

thanks for the advice :smile:

Owned and serviced pools for two decades fwiw. Under no circumstances would I buy a new fibreglass pool, osmotic blistering for a start although vinyl ester resin has improved things immensely. Vinyl liners have come a long way too and 20 year warranty available

Owned and serviced pools for two decades fwiw. Under no circumstances would I buy a new fibreglass pool, osmotic blistering for a start although vinyl ester resin has improved things immensely. Vinyl liners have come a long way too and 20 year warranty available

I need a fibreglass pool as it requires a lot less chemicals as I have super sensitive skin and cannot go into heaviy chemical pools, and I guess I don't want a pool liner pool. Thanks for the advice. :) I will make sure my pool has a good quality shell.

I would, after having a concrete, a vinyl lined and a fiberglass pool, would always recommend a fiberglass one, though limited on design compared to a concrete freeform pool, fiberglass install can have you swimming in it in less than a week ( excavation day one, shell and commence filling with water and backfill day two, complete backfill and filling day three, day 5,6,7 finish off all other install and chemicals and paved edge, day seven testing water. Overall less chemicals needed, easier to keep clean less wear and tear on the creepy crawly.

We used Narrellan Pools they have various location around SEQ.