189 Visa Lodged October 2014

Bradley1986

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

Well it seems we are all pretty much at the same stages with our medicals etc I have mine next week, I'm sending off my police check tomorrow so after next Friday it's just waiting time..I too have been seeing the August lot getting there's! How exciting, 2 months would be lovely.

i just then have to crack on with my open uni course to top up my degree this yr and I can tackle AHPRA and get out next year!!

When do u guys hope to get out? X anyone looking at sunny coast or brissy? X

You are right it is exciting/scary. We have wanted this for years...but now it's really starting to happen and we lodged our visa I've been getting quite scared aswell as excited!! So much change!! Can't wait though..

Sydney is a great place! I noticed you saying your wife has ahpra already, good on her! I'm one of the diploma casualties! So I'm having to do a top up degree now..otherwise it's a change of career for me!

Hi Ashlie,

Nothing yet, my medicals have been completed and uploaded so just the waiting game.

By the looks of the other threads 189 July/August applications are being seen now so seems to be 2 months min. before we hear anything

Thanks Bradley,

I completed my medicals on 24/10/2014 but when I open my on-line profile it still says "required". If I download the HAP Form it is showing completed. Do you think anything wrong with my status?

Cheers,

Ash

Edited by Ashlie

Hey all thought I'd join this thread! We lodged our visa on 13/10/14 and have now completed the medicals and police checks. I'm hoping we get the grant before Christmas - although we won't be telling family until after January 10th as we know MiL won't take it well, it's my husband's 30th on 10th Jan so we want him to have a nice birthday before the sulking from family begins!

Hey all thought I'd join this thread! We lodged our visa on 13/10/14 and have now completed the medicals and police checks. I'm hoping we get the grant before Christmas - although we won't be telling family until after January 10th as we know MiL won't take it well, it's my husband's 30th on 10th Jan so we want him to have a nice birthday before the sulking from family begins!

Hi Zeebeth,

Could you please share the status of your medical? Medical has been finalized for my husband & kid but my one showing Recommended.

Thanks- Ash:confused:

Hello all I have some enquiry about the medical. as a nurse, is it required to include hepatitis B and C in the blood test? But when I asked about the clinic and gave my HAPID, it is not required. Wonder if I filled in some question wrongly in the form, or immigration is missing something? Thanks

I am a nurse too. When I rang the clinic they didn't mention the hep b&c test so I just paid the same fee as my husband. However when having the medical the doctor asked about my occupation and told me I needed to have them. Therefore I basically had them done free of charge!

Hello all I have some enquiry about the medical. as a nurse, is it required to include hepatitis B and C in the blood test? But when I asked about the clinic and gave my HAPID, it is not required. Wonder if I filled in some question wrongly in the form, or immigration is missing something? Thanks

Thank you matthewroberts and snaik for the quick reply. I have just lodged my application.

Matthewroberts I think the time of medical processing depends on your clinic, did they upload the health check result already online? (My clinic said 5days to upload) Maybe you can call to ask, and if there is no abnormality of the result, they will process it one to two weeks. it will reflect on your immi account. Where it says Health Requirement it will change to say something like 'health requirement has been finalized for this applicant." So, You could also maybe check with your clinic if the results have been uploaded.

and how about you guys ahpra registration? I am a degree nurse and applied in late May, and after I gave additional document at the beginning of oct, and they said until that time, they have received all the documents..and it has been one month again and never heard back from them.

Edited by liliannn

lilann, Snaik is quite correct. I too did the same as you, booked chest x-ray, HIV bloods and general medical. However when I got there, she asked me my occupation and advised that I also had to have the Hep B and C bloods done also. I did not get this free and had to pay an extra charge of $99 on the day. It was also required for my 457 visa previously.

Hi,

Yes, you need to test for hep B & C.

Hey All,

I lodged my 189 independent on shore 1/10/2014 with all documents and medicals uploaded at that time.

No CO allocated as of yet. Does anyone know the rough times for CO's to be allocated?

189 lodged 1/10/2014

My application took exactly 2 months and it went straight to Granted. I lodged on 30 August and got my visa on 30 October.

Our doctor said he would have our medicals uploaded 7-10 days after as he had to wait for the test results and only worked in the private clinic once a week! Anyway he did as he said and I think the status on the immi account changed at that point.

@snaik - that's good :)

how ow long does it normally take for the medicals to get processed? We did ours a week ago, but they don't seem to have been completed yet.

Any advice welcome

Hi Liliannn,

I applied for APHRA in august, supplied extra info in september and heard no more since. I only have a diploma so am waiting for a reply to offer me the bridging course. Can't believe it can take them so long just to refuse registration!! Anway good luck with yours. Hope you hear something soon.

Thank you matthewroberts and snaik for the quick reply. I have just lodged my application.

Matthewroberts I think the time of medical processing depends on your clinic, did they upload the health check result already online? (My clinic said 5days to upload) Maybe you can call to ask, and if there is no abnormality of the result, they will process it one to two weeks. it will reflect on your immi account. Where it says Health Requirement it will change to say something like 'health requirement has been finalized for this applicant." So, You could also maybe check with your clinic if the results have been uploaded.

and how about you guys ahpra registration? I am a degree nurse and applied in late May, and after I gave additional document at the beginning of oct, and they said until that time, they have received all the documents..and it has been one month again and never heard back from them.

Hi, my medicals were uploaded within 3 days.....got AHPRA reg yesterday. I am diploma trained with a bsc honours in dementia studies. I applied in April.

Hi wats , may I know When was the time that you have given all the document to AHPRA? I hope I can hear from them soon too. do you send email or call them regularly to push them faster?

i am in similar timeframe with you ~just hand in the application one month after.

and by the way, do you guys know if there any requirement to work as your profession within one year before applying the visa ? Thanks