Guest Guest66881

Ebola, just how concerned are you?

2356257952_panicbutton_xlarge.jpeg

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Guest Guest66881

Head in the sand tactic, good on you.

Head in the sand tactic, good on you.

I suppose you panicked over swine flu that never happened, bird flu that never happened, mad cow disease that never happened, somenella in eggs that never happened....etc etc, you panic and worry if you want to paul.....im cool with it.

Must admit I've never panicked or worried about 'trending' illnesses/diseases.

The media would have us all like zombies out of films if we believed them.

Just be aware Stacey, don't have sex with primates or eat anyone's poop. Wash your hands regularly, especially before eating and watch out for people sneezing in your eye and you will be fine

Husband's Spouse Visa Offshore Application 309/100 Sent 24/09/13

Application Received at Australia House, London 25/09/13 @ 07:49

Payment taken 26/09/13

CO assigned 05/11/13 (WP)

Visa Subclass 100 Partner Migrant Visa granted 30/05/14

I'm not saying I'm likely to get it, I'm saying it's scary how many people over there are getting it and that they are finding it hard to control.

I think the controlling it thing could be because people are generally more suspicious of doctors, there aren't enough doctors to go round in some countries and also social/cultural practices too.

I'm sure I read somewhere that David Beckham was supposed to be promoting safer practices in Western Africa.

Husband's Spouse Visa Offshore Application 309/100 Sent 24/09/13

Application Received at Australia House, London 25/09/13 @ 07:49

Payment taken 26/09/13

CO assigned 05/11/13 (WP)

Visa Subclass 100 Partner Migrant Visa granted 30/05/14

http://m.skynews.com/article/news/1352857. Well I think it's quite scary.

This is just bulshite stacy, media has to have stories from somewhere, I listened to some experts on radio who say it is being blown out of all proportion, is is a very weak virus that is not airborne and quite hard to transmit

This is just bulshite stacy, media has to have stories from somewhere, I listened to some experts on radio who say it is being blown out of all proportion, is is a very weak virus that is not airborne and quite hard to transmit

I agree it's everywhere in the media and the media like to scare people though I read last week that you can catch it if someone sneezes on you. Also if someone is slightly sweaty it can be caught. I think it is a serious issue and even nurses are catching it whilst still wearing gloves etc. problem is some community don't believe it's real or don't want their relatives to go hospital, which then spreads the virus. I have to be honest I am a little worried that it will spread a lot more before being dealt with properly

http://m.skynews.com/article/news/1352857. Well I think it's quite scary.

I suggest you stop paying attention to SkyNews, they're in the business of exaggeration and misdirection, not news.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

I agree it's everywhere in the media and the media like to scare people though I read last week that you can catch it if someone sneezes on you. Also if someone is slightly sweaty it can be caught. I think it is a serious issue and even nurses are catching it whilst still wearing gloves etc. problem is some community don't believe it's real or don't want their relatives to go hospital, which then spreads the virus. I have to be honest I am a little worried that it will spread a lot more before being dealt with properly

Nurses aren't catching it through gloves. I saw a report from one of the doctors who said the big risk of catching it is taking the protective gear off. They work very long hours, they're exhausted and it's very tempting just to rip the thing off, but you have to force yourself to go very carefully, because of course when you're half way out of it, you could easily touch the outer layer with your bare hand or let it brush up against your body.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Guest Guest66881

A lot of holes in the sand lately.

I'm worried since I saw the article on how much of the world's cocoa crop is likely to be stuck due to border freezes :)

PIO members are like triangles. Most of us are (a)cute but there are also those who are down right obtuse. Treat us all as equilaterals and we won't fall out. :biggrin:

A lot of holes in the sand lately.

yep with all the 100s od scare stories we have had in the past that just did not happen.....try not to worry to much mate we will all be soon pushing up daises, life is to short to worry so much about things that will not happen.

Guest Guest66881
yep with all the 100s od scare stories we have had in the past that just did not happen.....try not to worry to much mate we will all be soon pushing up daises, life is to short to worry so much about things that will not happen.

Who's worrying, just making a comment?

Who's worrying, just making a comment?

Reading through all of your posts on this thread I would say you seem very worried.

why would the Labour party insist that a team should head off to Africa and help sort out this disease .......would they let their family go ,.....i dont think so .......the Authorities dont care about the nurses and doctors being sent out as long as its not them ......personally i think it will be contained within a few weeks ......as its No one..it has to be .....

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

number one ....

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Guest Guest66881
why would the Labour party insist that a team should head off to Africa and help sort out this disease .......would they let their family go ,.....i dont think so .......the Authorities dont care about the nurses and doctors being sent out as long as its not them ......personally i think it will be contained within a few weeks ......as its No one..it has to be .....

Post of the week that:laugh:

I'm not sure the WHO agrees.

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

Guest Guest66881

The UN just announced the world as 60 days to contain the virus in Africa or the world could be in for an unprecedented event.

The UN just announced the world as 60 days to contain the virus in Africa or the world could be in for an unprecedented event.

They didn't just announce it, they said the other day which was what I put up and was told I was worrying way too much and shouldn't believe everything on the news!

I'm not sure the WHO agrees.

What does Roger Daltry know about anything!? :wink: