Tourist Visa for Parents

jyotikhtr

Dear All,

My husband and I are 190 PR holders and would like to call our parents as tourists in New South Wales soon.

I understand that I/we have to file Visitor visa (subclass 600) for the same.

When I fill the details of my mother and choose a family-sponsored holiday, I get below.

Complete Form 1418 Application for a Visitor visa — Sponsored family stream (478 kB PDF).

AND

Form 1149 Application for sponsorship for Sponsored Family Visitors (223 kB PDF).

And when I choose, a holiday, I get below.

Complete Form 1419 Application for a Visitor visa—Tourist stream (480 kB PDF).

Now, both the above options are for visiting family. Which one shall I choose and so that there is a better possibility of getting a longer visa (2-3 years) with max 6 months condition.

Importantly, if I go with a family-sponsored holiday, as per my understanding I need to fill Form 1419 and my mother has to fill Form 1418. Now, since she is in India and I am in Australia, how to move forward with it.

Just to give a background, my mother has just retired and we have enough funds to show that she can survive here very well. Moreover, my husband is working so financially it should not be an issue. Also, we have proof for property in India which I have heard is also useful.

Please help me out in this.

Thanks in advance for your all your efforts in answering my queries.

Regards.

You "may" be asked to provide a bond if you choose to apply for a "Family Sponsored" visa, and you're better off getting your parents to apply from their country of residence.

"Generally" for first time applicants, the visa validity is 1.5 years, and you may be allowed to stay in Australia for 3,6 or 12 months during each visit.

If stays greater than 3 months are requested, the applicant has to undergo a chest X ray examination. If the applicant is over 75 years of age, a medical examination would be required.

Have a look at this site which will walk you through all the steps: http://vfs-au-in.com/

Edited by Catalyst2012

You "may" be asked to provide a bond if you choose to apply for a "Family Sponsored" visa, and you're better off getting your parents to apply from their country of residence.

"Generally" for first time applicants, the visa validity is 1.5 years, and you may be allowed to stay in Australia for 3,6 or 12 months during each visit.

If stays greater than 3 months are requested, the applicant has to undergo a chest X ray examination. If the applicant is over 75 years of age, a medical examination would be required.

Have a look at this site which will walk you through all the steps: http://vfs-au-in.com/

Thanks for the detailed information. Can you advise me (or just by chance have an idea) how much the bond would be ? I am okay to go with a bond provided it is reasonable. My mother is okay to go for a Chest X Ray. She has just turned 60 last month.

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...