Sub contracting bricklayer vetassess proof of income evidence

lucyholt

Hi all!!

Hope someone can give me a little advice. I've asked a similar question before but need a bit more reassurance. My OH has worked has worked as a subcontracting bricklayer since 2003. He completed his NVQ 2 between 2001-2003 in which he was paid through a government scheme.

He has worked for various contractors since, no payslips, cash in hand in which he declares to his accountant at the end of the financial year. On his yearly tax books there is no mention who he's worked for just his income and expenses etc.

We are now submitting evidence for vetassess and whilst proof of qualifications, references etc are no problem at all, we still only have yearly tax books. We have no idea what we can submit as there are no named companies included.

Our accountant is happy to write a letter to support my Oh as working as a bricklayer and how long he has been dealing with him for .

I could not see anything about 'proof of income' on the document checklist, although that was for a 457 visa. I guess you can only work with what you have, and it sounds like his tax affairs are up to date.

I see you can ask questions through your Immi account.

I'm sure that evidence provided must be of paid employment so proof of earnings is necessary.

My hubby was a sub-contracted joiner for years. He had 'CIS25's to cover most of it, they were like a Statement of Earnings and were issued monthly, I'm sure they were required as part of the Construction Industry Scheme, have you got any of these? There was one period where he worked cash in hand and he submitted a statement/reference from the company he did the work for explaining what he did, how many hours he worked, start and end date, how much he was paid and that it was paid cash in hand etc, this was accepted without query.

Just for info, Vetassess only require evidence of a few years (can't remember now whether it's 2 or 3 years). Will you be claiming points for 8 years work experience for your visa? If not you might not need to go that far back.

Hope that helps

• 3 weeks later...

Lucy, I hope you don't mind me gatecrashing your post, but we are in a similar position in that my hubby and I are hoping to eventually apply for either a 189 or 190 skilled visa in carpentry. We are currently in the process of acquiring the all the relevant paperwork for the VETASSESS assessment - it's overwhelming, especially as he has been a self-employed sub-contractor for the past 8 years.

@shellyk666, I have read lots of your posts, which have been very helpful and informative, so massive thanks. Can I please ask though, there is at least one competency listed on the carpentry fact sheet (carry out concreting to simple forms) that my OH has not got evidence in, did you leave any competencies out of your assessment? Also, my hubby only provides labour and not materials, so trying to get supplier letters might be difficult, did you provide any?

Massive congratulations on the visa being granted, you must be on cloud nine. Lucy, all the very best with your application.

Archived