Gold Coast - employment

Aaronspark

Hopefully moving to the Gold Coast next year when the visas come through. Seen mixed reports on the work situation. Im a qualified electrician and having my skills assessed by Vetassess, then Will have to gain my licence upon arrival.

Does anyone have any idea what the work situation is out there? Heard rumours of 30000 trades needed for the work commencing on the commonwealth games. Is this true?

Is there many opportunities for sparks on a restricted licence in Brisbane/Gold coast??

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I've heard that a lot of people Commute to Brisbane. Would love to find some work in the Gold Coast when I arrive next year. Thought with the commonwealth games looming in the future that they would have some big projects coming up. Anyone know if this is true??

Getting a reply for your question will be harder than trying to draw blood from a stone mate. I'm a licensed plumber in Perth and am looking to move to the Gold Coast in December/January. I have asked the same questions regarding commercial plumbing work. Jobs must be that scarce that those in the know don't want to say anything!

Try to find the big companies that offer EBA rates (union) and keep trying.

Getting a reply for your question will be harder than trying to draw blood from a stone mate. I'm a licensed plumber in Perth and am looking to move to the Gold Coast in December/January. I have asked the same questions regarding commercial plumbing work. Jobs must be that scarce that those in the know don't want to say anything!

Try to find the big companies that offer EBA rates (union) and keep trying.

What's made you want to move to the Gold Coast from Perth? I'm not making the move till August but just wanted a heads up before I get there. How's the Work front on Perth?

There must be work going on for the Commonwealth games. Not sure when they'll start. Presumably pretty soon.

What's made you want to move to the Gold Coast from Perth? I'm not making the move till August but just wanted a heads up before I get there. How's the Work front on Perth?

There must be work going on for the Commonwealth games. Not sure when they'll start. Presumably pretty soon.

All my close family live on the Gold Coast. I arrived in Australia beginning of 2012 and had to commit to WA for a minimum of 2 years as a condition of my residency visa. There has been an abundance of work in Perth since I've been here. I'm currently working on high rise office blocks in Perth CBD. I've often heard that work on the Gold Coast is flat but I'm still hopeful that I'll find something. If I have to travel into Brissie then that will have to be. It would be nice to hear some feedback from people in the loop ...

All my close family live on the Gold Coast. I arrived in Australia beginning of 2012 and had to commit to WA for a minimum of 2 years as a condition of my residency visa. There has been an abundance of work in Perth since I've been here. I'm currently working on high rise office blocks in Perth CBD. I've often heard that work on the Gold Coast is flat but I'm still hopeful that I'll find something. If I have to travel into Brissie then that will have to be. It would be nice to hear some feedback from people in the loop ...

I thought there might be more work in Perth. Had that as an option of somewhere to move to but Gold Coast is number 1 option at the moment. Looking at moving to the north Gold Coast so could commute to Brisbane if need to. Need somewhere initially that I can work to gain my licence.

Worked in mostly commercial and industrial in the UK. Work as a Powerstation operator at the mo but wanting to get back into sparkyin. Not sure if there's any Powerstations within driving distance from the Gold Coast.