Best place for fruitpicking from feb onwards? Recommendations?

racheluk

Hi, me and my boyfriend are travelling to Sydney at the beginning of feb next year. Friends of ours have been there since july and they are wanting to start 2nd year visa work when we arrive so we are hoping to do it all together. There will be 4/5 of us and I am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of best places to go at that time of year? We don't care where about in oz, as we are willing and wanting to travel also we are not too bothered if we don't get to work together every day, although it would be a bonus if we could. Does anybody have any recommendations of places they have been and had an enjoyable time?

Feel a bit lost at the min, we have literally just decided to book our flights a few weeks ago, was a bit of a whirlwind idea, so excited now though!

Ive had a look at so many websites, found working hostels, and looked to see which fruit or veg is in season at the time of year, but always helps if somebody has been to a great place and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Rachel

• 2 weeks later...

1. [h=3]Fruit Picking Seasons in Australia - Nomads World[/h]

1. nomadsworld.com/jobs/home/12/36-fruit-picking-seasons-in-australia

[*]

1. Cached

[*]Similar

[*]

[*]Sep 12, 2012 - Seasonal Work Australia: Fruitpicking & Harvest Work, Locations and Season. ... when & where to go for fruit picking ... November to April (peaking in February) is the main season for fruit and vegetable picking jobs in Victoria.

[*]

1. [h=3]Farming Jobs in Australia - Jobaroo[/h]

1. http://www.jobaroo.com/job-fruitpicking

1. Cached

Farm work in Australia is a great way for backpackers to earn some cash and experience the ... Harvest and fruit-picking work availability depends on which area in regional Australia ... Best time of year: January to April; November to February.

[*]

1. [h=3]Tasmania: Fruit & Flower Seasons in Tasmania - TripAdvisor[/h]

1. http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/.../Tasmania:Australia:Fruit.And.Flower.Seasons...

1. Cached

But to see them - and pick your own fruit - you need to visit at the right time of year. ... Some early varieties like SummerRed are ready in late January to early February. ... red ones) are harvested from mid-December onward, while the bigger and ... cherries, although the northern coast of the state is best for early varieties.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the exact same position as yourself me and my girlfriend land in sydney at the very beginning of February and we are trying too scan the internet to find out were is the best places to go for regional work but it seems like one of those things that you have to be there to know where to go. Would be cool to meet up with like minded people when we are there :)