I need a WHV buddy for next year sometime?!

jessicagrunner

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No pain no gain as they say!

Just think of the rewards at the end of it!

Have you thought of what type of work you would look for in Oz?

I've considered harvest work and maybe go back to working in kitchens. If I ever went to work in new Zealand i could get work on a ski resort a friend works in so got that in the back of my mind.

It's still WHV talk so I think we should be ok lol. I used to work 48 hours in job I was doing over the summer. I was on a tiny island so it could be quite hard! I'll try do as many hours as possible now and just think of a sunny beach every time I moan! 15 hour shifts must be a killer lol. I'm just going to aim for the minimum amount they ask for legally and then anything extra is a bonus. I definitely won't be doing a massive shopping trip before if go like some girls would! It'll have to be primark shorts I think lol

I almost bought a backpack recently but it was a bit of a rush job, I'm going to wait till next year and make sure it's a good one. Ill have to try and pack light, I can't carry very much stuff! I had a bit of a luggage disaster recently when I was going from Carlisle to glasgow, the handle from my suitcase broke off. Was ok on the train but trying to drag it along busy glasgow central station wasn't fun :laugh:

I'm just going to look for work asap, I even thought about doing some au pair work straight away depending on where I go. I'll just go with the flow like what you said!

You can get good backpacks that have detachable daypacks, thats what I will go for. Will have to be at least 65l in size.

The best thing to do is when you see one, ask in the shop if they can put some weight in it so you know it will be comfortable to carry when you have all your stuff in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jessica,

i've just booked my trip on a WHV for next October! Starting in Melbourne for a Month with a Friend (who'll be on holiday) then off to Sydney to go it alone.

Other than that i have no solid plans for my 12 months there and am looking to get some ideas from people for travel plans and maybe people to meet up with people while i'm out there!

Would be great to chat :)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, just been reading through this thread and nice to see an "older" crowd! I'm 30 and am off to oz on whv first week of April, bored of normal life and realised I have nothing to lose by taking a year out! Am really excited, I'm planning on flying into Brisbane, ideally I'd like to find some work first so that I can have a fun-packed trip down the east coast! But no plans set in stone, I want to go with the flow! How are your plans coming along?! Be good to chat to people in the same boat as me, any advice welcome! :)