I need a WHV buddy for next year sometime?!

jessicagrunner

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't be jealous, you'll be out there soon with a decent job instead of slaving lol x

Try telling me that on a cold November night, full of assignment and Pharmacology HELL!

No, you're right Stace, it's so close I can taste it. I have to keep getting inspiration to study through threads like this and Youtube videos of people on their WHV. :D x

Hey all! I've finally made my mind up to go out on a WHV (before I get too old for one!), but won't be for a while yet....probably December next year. Be good to all keep in touch with how our plans are coming along. Must admit though....am a little concerned I'll be almost 30 when I go out....

Hey all! I've finally made my mind up to go out on a WHV (before I get too old for one!), but won't be for a while yet....probably December next year. Be good to all keep in touch with how our plans are coming along. Must admit though....am a little concerned I'll be almost 30 when I go out....

I doubt you'll be too old or anything! I'm going to make you hang around with me lol since you've travelled around around it before

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! I'm new to this so sorry for jumping on the thread!

I can't believe I've finally decided I'm going to do this. After years of being talked out of it and falling into routine life, I've decided before I hit 30 I'm definitely doing it! I've not booked anything or applied for my visa yet but will be doing it all in the New Year. I was going to go through Gap 360 but after researching it, it looks pretty simple to do myself and a whole lot cheaper and every penny counts towards savings [emoji383] I'm hoping to head out to Sydney the end of the summer next year, by which time I will have (hopefully) saved enough money to comfortably "keep me going" until I find a job!

I've searched the net and haven't really found many sites to meet people in a similar boat as me, so it would be nice to speak to a few people on here before I head out. I know it is a little in advance but a little forward planning never hurt anyone [emoji13] This may sound like a strange thing to say after deciding to do a 12 month WHV alone, but I am a tad worried about being the little fish in a big pond. I guess it would just be nice to know you have someone in your position so you can be 2+ little fish in a big pond. Granted there are a lot of people in the same position but it would be cool to get to know them a little and maybe meet up before or whilst out there?

Anyway I've rambled on enough and hopefully haven't bored you all to sleep, look forward to any replies

I can't believe I've finally decided I'm going to do this. After years of being talked out of it and falling into routine life, I've decided before I hit 30 I'm definitely doing it! I've not booked anything or applied for my visa yet but will be doing it all in the New Year. I was going to go through Gap 360 but after researching it, it looks pretty simple to do myself and a whole lot cheaper and every penny counts towards savings [emoji383] I'm hoping to head out to Sydney the end of the summer next year, by which time I will have (hopefully) saved enough money to comfortably "keep me going" until I find a job!

I've searched the net and haven't really found many sites to meet people in a similar boat as me, so it would be nice to speak to a few people on here before I head out. I know it is a little in advance but a little forward planning never hurt anyone [emoji13] This may sound like a strange thing to say after deciding to do a 12 month WHV alone, but I am a tad worried about being the little fish in a big pond. I guess it would just be nice to know you have someone in your position so you can be 2+ little fish in a big pond. Granted there are a lot of people in the same position but it would be cool to get to know them a little and maybe meet up before or whilst out there?

Anyway I've rambled on enough and hopefully haven't bored you all to sleep, look forward to any replies

Hello! There's loads of us doing it and in the same position so I'm sure you'll get chatting to people. If your looking for some tips then there's quite a lot of threads on here. I'd definitely be happy to meet up with you once I'm out :)

Dont worry, your only as old as you feel haha

I am in the same boat, but I have just turned 30 :-(

So iI am going to Oz next year before its too late!

Sick of the same mundane lifestyle here, might aswell give it a go down under, the world is a big place and would be a shame to spend all your time in one place.

Keep us all updated on your plans, im sure we will all swap tips and advice before we go.

Thanks Scottishstacey [emoji4]

Haha well I certainly don't feel my age Adrian!

It was either go back and finish my degree or take a year out to travel. I can finish my degree anytime but the clock is ticking for me to travel, especially on a WHV [emoji16] I can't wait [emoji1]

I always sleep through it too! I think I've went out 2 or 3 times. I can never be bothered with it or I'm usually not feeling well. Japan sounds really good! Something very different lol. I wasn't going to go to Sydney for new year because it's so expensive and crowded but everybody keeps telling me I have to do it. Suppose it makes sense!