You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Whites

Bricklayers !!!! Wages in Brisbane , Queensland????

So my other half is a Bricky and we will be Brisbane bound in Feb 2015. I'm trying to get organised ...but I can't calculate anything as I don't know how much my husband would be earning... Anyone know bricklayer wages, and hours?? This would help a lot !!!

Vetasses 2011 -- IELTS 2011 -- EOI 11.08.14 -- Invited 28.08.14 -- Visa lodged 05.09.14 -- Medical's 08.10.14 -- Case Officer allocated 10.11.14, request for PCC -- PCC 17.11.14 -- VISA GRANT 2nd December !!!!!! Arrived on the Sunshine Coast in the 4.3.2015! And loving it soooo much!!

It is hard to say as most brickies are self employed. I know around 6 years ago the ones in Melbourne were on around $1 a brick but I am not sure these days. I think the problem most tradies find is getting continuous work throughout the year.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Ok ... Since no one has answered this thread, yet hundreds of peeps have looked at it, here it goes.

Someones uncle who is a bricklayer and lives in Brisbane says $35 an hour @ 8 hours a day!

He however works in the mines 10 days on 4 days off , earning $500 a day!!! Also an option for someone who can bear to be away for that long.....

Vetasses 2011 -- IELTS 2011 -- EOI 11.08.14 -- Invited 28.08.14 -- Visa lodged 05.09.14 -- Medical's 08.10.14 -- Case Officer allocated 10.11.14, request for PCC -- PCC 17.11.14 -- VISA GRANT 2nd December !!!!!! Arrived on the Sunshine Coast in the 4.3.2015! And loving it soooo much!!

He however works in the mines 10 days on 4 days off , earning $500 a day!!! Also an option for someone who can bear to be away for that long.....

... and if you've got the contacts to get a job there.

I'm a bricklayer in brissie. I wouldn't get outta bed for less than $600 a day. That would be the average if I worked my weekly pay out. I'm a subbie though. Workng for someone it's gone up to $40 on average a hour. It's busiest it's been in ten or more years at the moment. Even gumtree has loads of adds. Very hard finding bricklayers. Work is all started getting held up. Means money will increase more. We are in a good position. Great time for brickies .

I'm a bricklayer in brissie. I wouldn't get outta bed for less than $600 a day.

And you still find time to browse the forums at 10 o clock in the morning. Nice work if you can get it.

... and if you've got the contacts to get a job there.

you know any english brickies in brisbane looking for brickies? am english been here a month

you know any english brickies in brisbane looking for brickies? am english been here a month

Sorry, I don't. But Ausborn is very upbeat about demand. Perhaps he could give you a few numbers to call.

Why do they have to be English.Go on gumtree or courier mail. The jobs being advertised some are getting no replies . Them blokes advertising on there are desperate for brickies. One job last week was $40 plus super plus insurance.The industry is busy as it ever been. Brickie jobs very easy to get. No I won't help anyone online finding work without meeting them first, before I will recommend.

Edited by Ausborn

And you still find time to browse the forums at 10 o clock in the morning. Nice work if you can get it.

Believe it or not, us brickies do stop for lunch. If you knew my partner(a pom ) in the heat you would see why I'm browsing the net on my phone at lunch. The work is easy enough to get , just sad that none of today's degenerates want to do it for a living anymore.

I'm a bricklayer in brissie. I wouldn't get outta bed for less than $600 a day. That would be the average if I worked my weekly pay out. I'm a subbie though. Workng for someone it's gone up to $40 on average a hour. It's busiest it's been in ten or more years at the moment. Even gumtree has loads of adds. Very hard finding bricklayers. Work is all started getting held up. Means money will increase more. We are in a good position. Great time for brickies .

Hi, glad to hear that Bricklayers are in demand right now. What is a subbie tho?? $600 a day sounds good haha!

Also what are the hours brickies are working over there? Is it a real early start - early finish?

Subbie is a sub contractor . Licensed contractor working under you own name or company name. Better money than going to work for someone on a hourly rate . Rate varies in brissie at moment from around $950 per 1000 up to $1200 per $1000 from builders I know of for residential contracting work.

Working for someone hours usually 6.30am till 2.30/3 pm. At the moment a lot of guys working Saturdays too trying keep up with demand. We get up early in oz. Best part of the day.haha . It's true what they say in bed at 9 up at 5. Good luck

Oh ok! Don't know about the getting up earlier , but I'm loving the finish so early. Lots of time after work to do stuff, like chill on the beach hopefully! Thanks Ausborn

Anyone know how much work is around for brickies on the Sunshine Coast atm would be great full to find out??