Bricklayers !!!! Wages in Brisbane , Queensland????

Whites

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

It is hard to say as most brickies are self employed. I know around 6 years ago the ones in Melbourne were on around $1 a brick but I am not sure these days. I think the problem most tradies find is getting continuous work throughout the year.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok ... Since no one has answered this thread, yet hundreds of peeps have looked at it, here it goes.

Someones uncle who is a bricklayer and lives in Brisbane says $35 an hour @ 8 hours a day!

He however works in the mines 10 days on 4 days off , earning $500 a day!!! Also an option for someone who can bear to be away for that long.....

I'm a bricklayer in brissie. I wouldn't get outta bed for less than $600 a day. That would be the average if I worked my weekly pay out. I'm a subbie though. Workng for someone it's gone up to $40 on average a hour. It's busiest it's been in ten or more years at the moment. Even gumtree has loads of adds. Very hard finding bricklayers. Work is all started getting held up. Means money will increase more. We are in a good position. Great time for brickies .

you know any english brickies in brisbane looking for brickies? am english been here a month

Why do they have to be English.Go on gumtree or courier mail. The jobs being advertised some are getting no replies . Them blokes advertising on there are desperate for brickies. One job last week was $40 plus super plus insurance.The industry is busy as it ever been. Brickie jobs very easy to get. No I won't help anyone online finding work without meeting them first, before I will recommend.

Edited by Ausborn

And you still find time to browse the forums at 10 o clock in the morning. Nice work if you can get it.

Believe it or not, us brickies do stop for lunch. If you knew my partner(a pom ) in the heat you would see why I'm browsing the net on my phone at lunch. The work is easy enough to get , just sad that none of today's degenerates want to do it for a living anymore.

I'm a bricklayer in brissie. I wouldn't get outta bed for less than $600 a day. That would be the average if I worked my weekly pay out. I'm a subbie though. Workng for someone it's gone up to $40 on average a hour. It's busiest it's been in ten or more years at the moment. Even gumtree has loads of adds. Very hard finding bricklayers. Work is all started getting held up. Means money will increase more. We are in a good position. Great time for brickies .

Hi, glad to hear that Bricklayers are in demand right now. What is a subbie tho?? $600 a day sounds good haha!

Subbie is a sub contractor . Licensed contractor working under you own name or company name. Better money than going to work for someone on a hourly rate . Rate varies in brissie at moment from around $950 per 1000 up to $1200 per $1000 from builders I know of for residential contracting work.

Working for someone hours usually 6.30am till 2.30/3 pm. At the moment a lot of guys working Saturdays too trying keep up with demand. We get up early in oz. Best part of the day.haha . It's true what they say in bed at 9 up at 5. Good luck

• 4 years later...