Where to go

Guest51810

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you first said that name I thought of the murderer but when I googled it the first thing that came up was the Rolling Stones guy so I was a bit confused till I scrolled further down lol [emoji23]

Well that's understandible one likes bass the other likes to bash easy to confuse the two.:err:

I'll try and stay away from weird men in the outback [emoji23]

Good luck .if you do meet anyone in the outback they are weird for living there.me and a mate went fishing once in the middle of nowhere and we had a blow out. He grabbed the jack to change the tyre and I grabbed the hammer which we used to put the tent pegs in. He said you gonna help I said no I will stand guard:laugh:I had just watched wolf creek and it put the shits up me:wink:

I couldn't live in the outback permanently either but I'm thinking of maybe doing one of those outback pub type jobs to save money. I'd like to go visit that kangaroo guy that was on tv! This place https://www.kangaroosanctuary.com

Plenty of small towns with one, maybe two pubs, or fuel stations. A few that come to mind, Daly Waters, Elliott, Barkley Homestead, Threeways, all in the NT and lots of tourists pulling up. A few in western Qld, Hughenden, Richmond, Julia Creek, Cloncurry and Camooweal. They all have backpackers serving.

Cheers, Bobj.

I've decided I'm definitely going to do a skydive when I'm over. So if I chicken out remind me of this..!

Thought you said you wouldn't do one when we spoke before Stacey?

Think jumping out of a plane at 14,000ft will be quite unforgettable!

Im gonna do a skydive, bungee jump and maybe some abseiling

Thought you said you wouldn't do one when we spoke before Stacey?

Think jumping out of a plane at 14,000ft will be quite unforgettable!

Im gonna do a skydive, bungee jump and maybe some abseiling

I've been unsure about doing one for ages. I do actually want to do one but I'm really scared lol. I looked at doing one in the UK. I wouldn't do bungee jumping or abseiling though

• 5 months later...

I'm in a total dilemma about where to start because of the heat. I don't know wether it's just nerves completely over thinking it or wether I should completely avoid a summer in australia :unsure: I'll be fine the rest of the year and I'm looking forward to a winter in queensland etc

Do you think booking 2 weeks in a hostel would be too much, should I book one and then take it from there?

Im booking two weeks straight off just to be safe and plus I know jet lag will kick my ass for the first few days, if not the first week and I don't want to be stressing for the first, I can take my time :smile:

Im also booking a cheap hotel for the first two nights to just sleep lol but that's just personal preference :-) I don't want to be a grumpy tired when I meet everyone and know ill just want to sleep, in private, when I land lol

Oh that's a good idea, I never thought about a hotel for the first night or 2. I don't want to stay in a hostel too long because I'm worried that the noise would start to get to me eventually and Id get grumpy but at the same time I want to be less uptight than I usually am these days. Feel like I'm old before my time. Well the hostel I'm looking at was working out $420 for two weeks so I might just go for that and then it gives me time to get sorted and see what the chances are of work or if I need to au pair

I booked in 2 nights when I arrived in Perth in 2009. Was good because I didn't like the hostel and moved to another one I had way more fun at. I wouldn't book so long unless at xmas/new year.

I couldn't find any good ones for Christmas or new year. They all had bad reviews and were expensive (which I expected). So if im going to stay there for new year I'll either have to go for a houseshare or find a family to au pair for. This hostels got mostly really good reviews so I think it would be okay, might even just book 10 days as a sort of inbetween time

I really want to book a flight right now but it feels a bit soon when I don't have all the savings. Although I'm worried if I leave it too long the prices will go right up

Hey Stacey! I booked my flight before I had all of my savings, the first time i went. It worked as an incentive, because I KNEW I had to save a certain amount by the time I got on that plane.

Unless you think there isn't a hope in hell of you reaching your target amount by then, I would say book up, if the price is right.

Oh, also. Hiya! :hug: It's been a while I know. (In the middle of finals this month!) How are you? I'm sure there's loads for us to catch up on! xx

Hey Stacey! I booked my flight before I had all of my savings, the first time i went. It worked as an incentive, because I KNEW I had to save a certain amount by the time I got on that plane.

Unless you think there isn't a hope in hell of you reaching your target amount by then, I would say book up, if the price is right.

Oh, also. Hiya! :hug: It's been a while I know. (In the middle of finals this month!) How are you? I'm sure there's loads for us to catch up on! xx

Haha that's why I booked my visa for september but that didn't work out well lol. That's why I'm a bit hesitant about booking something early again but there's a one way for £520 for edinburgh on the 1st of November or 4th. Once I get paid this month I should have around £1,400 savings and then after that the aim is to save £800 minimum a month or a wee bit more if I'm doing overtime. Will be putting any birthday money away too, I'll probably use that to pay for my visa again. Grrrr. :(

Then family have said they'll give me money to go away instead of Christmas presents. Might get a tax refund too and I still haven't sorted out my herm tax either but I wouldn't be surprised if I get zero or I owe them!

Good luck with your finals, you'll pass them with flying colours! I can't believe that's you finished already, I better not think about it or I'll end up changing my mind and go to college lol. Let me know how you get on xx

I really want to book a flight right now but it feels a bit soon when I don't have all the savings. Although I'm worried if I leave it too long the prices will go right up

I'd say do it Stacie :-) sounds like you have a plan, the excitement of booking your flight will spur you to save. I'm booking mine at the end of the month/beginning of next and I don't go until January. I know that if I know my flights booked I HAVE to save, no ifs or buts lol :-)

also, In reply to you other post. I know what you mean :-) I don't want to spend forever in a hostel either, I like my own space lol I'm looking for someone to houseshare with eventually and I suppose friendships aren't made in a few days so I'm looking at a but longer in them lol

I think I'll wait till my birthday and then book it, that's july so not too long away.

I wish it was much sooner I was going, not financially but just because I hate working knowing I'll leave. I feel guilty lol I wouldn't care if I was back in one of my old jobs but because this is in care I've got more attached. I need to register with the sssc and they were mentioning SVQ's eventually. worried they turn around and say "right we're getting you to start yours next month" lol I know it's not likely to happen though. Hopefully they won't mention it again.

I think long term living in a hostel would be hard, probably difficult to get a decent sleep if you're working etc. I was sooo lucky with my last hostel, I got a mixed room with 10 beds but the whole thing was fine. Only 1 snorer and nobody stole my stuff or was noisy. Infact I think one night I was the one that came in late and probably noisier than I thought I was!

I think I'll wait till my birthday and then book it, that's july so not too long away.

I wish it was much sooner I was going, not financially but just because I hate working knowing I'll leave. I feel guilty lol I wouldn't care if I was back in one of my old jobs but because this is in care I've got more attached. I need to register with the sssc and they were mentioning SVQ's eventually. worried they turn around and say "right we're getting you to start yours next month" lol I know it's not likely to happen though. Hopefully they won't mention it again.

I think long term living in a hostel would be hard, probably difficult to get a decent sleep if you're working etc. I was sooo lucky with my last hostel, I got a mixed room with 10 beds but the whole thing was fine. Only 1 snorer and nobody stole my stuff or was noisy. Infact I think one night I was the one that came in late and probably noisier than I thought I was!

OMG I'm the same. I've worked with my company for 3 years and they've given me all sorts of opportunities so i know how you feel. But I've just got to do this. Hate being stuck in the same boring life at the minute. I've told them that I'm thinking about going and will confirm it with them when i've booked my flight. Luckily my managers are pretty cool.

Ah that's good luck then, definitley with a 10 bed dorm. Sometimes i think they would be better as they're bigger and less chance of one person conistently annoying you lol. I hope i get a good bunch of people. My friend was extremely lucky. She met loads of people but she met 5 when she was in her first hostel that she spent most of her time with and travelled all over with.