189 visa lodged September 2014

Whites

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lodged by 189 application 08 Sept 2014 - and haven't heard anything yet!!!???!!

Not sure what the delay is...........I really hope this process ends soon its driving me nuts :arghh:ahhhhhhhh!

Also the amount of money I have wasted if the grant fails :arghh:

Edited by PWA200

if the grant fails :arghh:

if you have an agent then they wont put you forward if you are going to fail, are you going for direct grant, you applied one day after me so yours will be here soon,

i feel for you as i was the same but it will come don't worry, i was sure mine would not and then it did,

bear in mind i am on shore so may be processing a tad quicker.

hang on in there

Hi guys.., congrats... Do you have an entry date on your visa?? Is it a year to validate your visa???

Yes, you have one year to validate it from the date of grant. That means you just have to set foot in the country within a year. Even if it is just to walk in customs and get interviewed for border patrol australia (add in theme music). My fiance and I will not be ready by 2015, so we will be going for a holiday to Sydney to activate it and then go for real in 2016.

Congrats to the members of the Sept gang to receive their grants!

My timeline:

7/9/14 - application submitted

7/11/14 - CO allocated, request for PCC only

I thought I'd go ahead and get my medical done today (in Aus), but they couldn't find me on the system despite me having a HAP #. Has anyone had this happen or heard of it happening?

I emailed my CO about the medical but no reply yet.

Any advice?

A quick question. Does anybody have any idea why some 189 applications are taking two months, yet others are taking 3 months as published? I get the general impression that there is no spread, it either takes 8 weeks or 13 weeks (a quarter of a year or 3 months)?

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

Edited by swampey

So , we are still waiting!! It's driving me insane!!! We had our medical's front loaded and in the process of obtaining PCC then got allocated a case officer on the 10th Nov and they requested PCC , we uploaded the PCC on 17th Nov and no word yet..... Ahhhh can't wait any longer ...

So , we are still waiting!! It's driving me insane!!! We had our medical's front loaded and in the process of obtaining PCC then got allocated a case officer on the 10th Nov and they requested PCC , we uploaded the PCC on 17th Nov and no word yet..... Ahhhh can't wait any longer ...

Any time now mate just you wait and see.

When I was asked for info I uploaded it and copied it as an attachment to the email I sent back to the case officer. Try that it can't hurt. If all they have asked for is the PCC your in just got to get them to look at it .

Good luck

Hi, yeah it should be any day now , but we're so inpatient lol !! We have an agent so she deals directly with case officer I just check account everyday hoping status has changed ... I guess all I can do is wait, it has been only 4 days.... But they seem like a lifetime! Just wanting that grant so then we can finally book flights and get the rest organised!

Whats every1 doing for getting organised? I mean what's first on the list... Book flights, book container , accommodation for arrival, banks, money transfer?? I'm a bit lost and overwhelmed with what to do first :rolleyes:

Hi, yeah it should be any day now , but we're so inpatient lol !! We have an agent so she deals directly with case officer I just check account everyday hoping status has changed ... I guess all I can do is wait, it has been only 4 days.... But they seem like a lifetime! Just wanting that grant so then we can finally book flights and get the rest organised!

Whats every1 doing for getting organised? I mean what's first on the list... Book flights, book container , accommodation for arrival, banks, money transfer?? I'm a bit lost and overwhelmed with what to do first :rolleyes:

My first job will be to hand my notice in :))

I am also on tender hooks waiting! Could be any day, could be weeks!!

We already sold out house and are waiting in a holiday let but have still accumulated a whole load more rubbish to either ditch, ship or charity. My husband has to clean his tools ready to ship, the main container is ready to go though. So basically need to book flights, book holiday let, pack gets and get outta here

Yes, you have one year to validate it from the date of grant. That means you just have to set foot in the country within a year. Even if it is just to walk in customs and get interviewed for border patrol australia (add in theme music). My fiance and I will not be ready by 2015, so we will be going for a holiday to Sydney to activate it and then go for real in 2016.

Your Last Entry Date will usually be 12 months from the date of your earliest medical or PCC. It is NOT based on the date of grant.

Well I'm still waiting. :mad:

Should the progress on my immi account say 'in progress' or 'submitted'.

My medical status is 'submitted' but my visa application is 'in progress' :no:

I did my medical/police clearance in Feb 2014 so time is running out.........not very keen on paying again for both!

Edited by PWA200

Well I'm still waiting. :mad:

Should the progress on my immi account say 'in progress' or 'submitted'.

My medical status is 'submitted' but my visa application is 'in progress' :no:

I did my medical/police clearance in Feb 2014 so time is running out.........not very keen on paying again for both!

It will say 'in progress' and then change to finished once you have been granted the visa . Good luck won't be long now

It will say 'in progress' and then change to finished once you have been granted the visa . Good luck won't be long now

Ours just said 'in progress' ever since we first lodged. There was no indication of any progress at all until we got grants.

So it must mean it's normal and your grant it CO allocation could come any week day.

Ok so 'in progress' is normal. If it wasn't for this website I probably would have gone insane :eek:by now

Thanks.

Edited by PWA200

Hello Friends,

I applied for skilled 189 category on 18-Sept and got direct grant on 19-Nov. I did both medical and police clearance in advance and would like to recommend for others to do so.

This doc helped me to exactly guess my grant date. Hope you will also find it useful. BUT don't get addicted to see updates like I did. :-)

Good Luck!

hey guys, My application was lodged on 18th sep. I front loaded medicals, pcc and all docs. PCCs are very recent. On 17th Nov, I got a mail asking for PCC (India and US). I replied that those have been already uploaded and provided the dates when they were uploaded. Any idea how long VO takes to respond ?

Did anyone face similar scenario where VO asked for PCC though you already uploaded them ?

Our agent asked us for colour copies of our police checks 2 weeks ago as we had been assigned a Case Officer....Everything was front loaded on 16th Sept and have still heard nothing which on the one hand makes no difference as we are already lucky enough to be living here...however we are buying a piece of land at the moment and PR would make a big difference to the % the bank will loan. Also thinking of going back to uni to retrain and can't apply until my PR comes through as Im not willing to pay international fees ...so even though some of are here the granting of the visa will allow us to move forward with our plans in settling here .....I have no more toes or fingers left to cross that we will hear very soon :laugh:

Hello- this is my first time on here! I was looking for some help......We submitted EOI and were invited to apply. Applied for visa on 28th sep. Now I am in the process of scanning and uploading documents. Do I only have 60 days to get these all scanned (which would be 21st nov) or is the 60 days only the deadline for submitting application after invitation? Im confused! Thanks :)