189 visa lodged September 2014

Whites

Hi everyone this is my first post. I have been looking at this website for ages and it has helped me so much. However, I have got myself in a pickle and I'm not sure if I am doing this right.

i received my invitation at the beginning of sept and paid the money for the visa 25/09. I have nearly all of the forms uploaded including pcc. My finance and I had our medicals on saturday. However, they said they could not process my medical information without a report from my counsellor (anxiety related). He is willing do this on Monday but I worry I am going to run out of time.

i received invite on 08/09 and it runs out 07/11. If I don't submit my medical information by then is that it. I'm just not sure, on the 'my account' as you log in. It says submit application.....should I only click that once the medical stuff is sorted. I don't have a case officer and I'm confused about what to do next.

Any help would be great thank you

hello, please please go ahead and submitt your ur application right away!!!!! You upload all necessary docs after and take as long as you want!!!!

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone this is my first post. I have been looking at this website for ages and it has helped me so much. However, I have got myself in a pickle and I'm not sure if I am doing this right.

i received my invitation at the beginning of sept and paid the money for the visa 25/09. I have nearly all of the forms uploaded including pcc. My finance and I had our medicals on saturday. However, they said they could not process my medical information without a report from my counsellor (anxiety related). He is willing do this on Monday but I worry I am going to run out of time.

i received invite on 08/09 and it runs out 07/11. If I don't submit my medical information by then is that it. I'm just not sure, on the 'my account' as you log in. It says submit application.....should I only click that once the medical stuff is sorted. I don't have a case officer and I'm confused about what to do next.

Any help would be great thank you

Hi @Cagsy

Not sure I get the exact nature of your problem. I think (although you should double check) that once you pay for your visa and start submitting evidence, your application is submitted. Then other stuff like Medicals and Police checks can come later. That is how it appears to work

So yOur application is submitted, but they are waiting on your Medicals. As you haven't had a case officer look at anything yet, it not been processed yet. Many people don't do Medicals until a CO is assigned anyway (as this is how agents advise it's done). The CO is often not assigned until after the EOI period has passed.

You probably don't have anything to worry about. If in doubt, consult an agent. You might have to pay maybe? Or they might help for free (couldn't possibly say).

In our case, we found that once evidence is sub,titled, it just seems static. The visa page just says 'in process'. We were concerned that tHis might not be right, but we're told it was ok and to wait.

Wrussell on here is a good guy. He could be worth contacting for advice

Ah right ok, well that makes me feel a lot better. The police checks came back clear (which they should have) and the medicals are just waiting for a report from the counsellor so I am not worried. We have no other health conditions so we should be fine.

i guess I wasn't sure at what stage I was upto as I have done this by myself. But if it's just a matter of wait now. Hopefully we have everything needed. I think I took the end of the invitation period as when all the documents had to be in.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Ah right ok, well that makes me feel a lot better. The police checks came back clear (which they should have) and the medicals are just waiting for a report from the counsellor so I am not worried. We have no other health conditions so we should be fine.

i guess I wasn't sure at what stage I was upto as I have done this by myself. But if it's just a matter of wait now. Hopefully we have everything needed. I think I took the end of the invitation period as when all the documents had to be in.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Hi cagsy,

so yes if it shows as application submitted and fees paid then you have definitely submitted! So you are fine in regards to the invitation time frame. Now all you do is wait I'm afraid. The medical's will be uploaded by the doctor himself , so nothing for you to do. Then you wait some more to be assigned a case officer! My agent has told us it takes 10-12 weeks to be assigned a case officer. That is 10-12 weeks from the time you have submitted application. But reading the August lodged thread....... People are assigned CO or straight grants within 2 months!!!!! That's pretty quick! Oh yeah if like you , you have front loaded all necessary docs including PCC And medical's you should be looking at a straight grant !!!! Good luck ;)

Thank you so much for everyones help.

Wow I feel so much better than I previously did.

I am seeing my counsellor on Monday and he will complete the report and send that off to the medical people asap who will then complete my medcial as that is all their waiting on.

As for everything else I think that we have everything. If there is anything else anyone can think of please let me know.

Me: masters degree, BA degree, AASW skills assessment, passport, Birth certiciate, PCC, IELTS (also can I add....what a ball ache that thing was)

finace: passport, letter from uni to prove english, PCC and Birth certiciate

Both: 5x photos over 8 years, 4x statements from families and friends, statement from each of us, 2 x phone bills, 4x holiday receipts over four years, 2x proof of address for each (we live at her parents so do not own property), wedding invite 2014 and 2015, our engagement party invite for next saturday.

Medicals will be up I reckon end of next week.

Anyone think I will need to add anything else :)

We do not think we will be ready by 2015, so plan to go sydney for a visit to activate it and then move for real in mid 2016, so we can save our little pennies before then :)

and yes Matt, I am a worrier, you should have seen me before the IELTS test

cheers everyone you do not know how much have you helped.

Hi All,

This is a great thread and has helped my partner and I alot when we submitted our 189 visa application.

We submitted yesterday and have uploaded all documents. With the exception of medicals and PCC's, these will be done when CO is assigned.

What are peoples experiences with the waiting times to be assigned a CO. Are we best to arrange medicals and PCC's now or wait for a CO?

We have noticed the 'attach document notes' refers to certified pay slips, skills assessments and IELTS test. It is necessary that these are certified or will colour copies be adequate ?

Hi

this is just a quick reply as on the phone. There's loads of 189 threads on here, and you can find answers to all your questions by going through them. Most mara agents recommend waiting to for a CO to ask for medicals and police checks, but loads of people on here get them done before that as they think it speeds up the process a bit. Up to you!

re: scans/certified docs.

The site says it requires certified docs, but loads of people on here have used colour scans and got visa grants. So again it's up to you. Hope this helps.

Hi,

I have lodged my Visa application (189) on 16th October 2014 (including Medical and PCC), can anyone advise on waiting time for Case Officer to be assined ? Also, to make things smooth - should we proactively upload "Form 80" before case officer has asked for it ? Is there any cons for same ?

Hope to hear for you soon ..

Regards

Hi,

I have lodged my Visa application (189) on 16th October 2014 (including Medical and PCC), can anyone advise on waiting time for Case Officer to be assined ? Also, to make things smooth - should we proactively upload "Form 80" before case officer has asked for it ? Is there any cons for same ?

Regards

There's no exact wait time, but some are finding they can get it from lodge to grant in 8 to 12 weeks. There is a visa tracker on google docs to view, this shows the speed visas have been getting processed. If you search through some of the 189 threads you should be able to find the link.

Hello all

intro... Adam and my partner Sarah, in the same boat as you all,

Applied 01/09/2014 and have still not heard a thing, will be doing medicals 07/11/2014 as stupidly didn't realise you could get these in advance thought you has to have your HAP ID sent to you lol derrr so will get these done Friday,

we are a tad different to others as we are on shore so should anything happen in advance of those not on shore i will let you know, but i doubt that will be the case.

good luck all and thanks for this thred i have been watching but thought that it is time i added.

cheers

Adam and Sarah

Hi,

Regards

I would say don't upload the Form 80 unless requested by your case officer (maybe have it completed in advance so if it's needed you can do a speedy upload). I spoke with a person from DIAC a few weeks ago and he said "please don't upload Form 80 unless requested as you will cause more work for the case officer" so I want to keep my case officer as happy as possible and not cause them more work in the hope they can give me the grant sooner rather than later!

We just got our direct grant this morning! Yaaaaaaaay!!!! :) It has taken exactly 2 months. Funny thing is, according to the visa tracker yesterday, I was to be next in line. But never thought it would happen just like that in that order. Here's hoping that everyone else gets their grants real fast too!

We just got our direct grant this morning! Yaaaaaaaay!!!! :) It has taken exactly 2 months. Funny thing is, according to the visa tracker yesterday, I was to be next in line. But never thought it would happen just like that in that order. Here's hoping that everyone else gets their grants real fast too!

congrats Delilah..well done..

may I ask you, how did you find out your visa tracker ..? any links please..

thanks

congrats Delilah..well done..

may I ask you, how did you find out your visa tracker ..? any links please..

thanks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...sharing#gid=84

Thanks! Thats the tracker. And as far as I can tell the overall trend depicted on that document works. Majority seem to be getting their grants/ co allocations according to a timeline based on lodge date.

Good luck!

Hi All,

I have received a notification this morning from skillselect, saying my EOI is suspended as I have lodged a visa application.. I am little worried.. Hope it is normal.. Anyone received this message ..? any idea..?

Thanks Delilah for the link

Thanks

Edited by eagle656