What's wrong with the schooling here?

Fishenka

Guest littlesarah
I keep reding all the comments here about how bad or much worse than in the UK the schools are here and getting increasingly worried... How bad is it?

nurseries have been shock to the system so far and for one 1:8 staff ratio for two year olds as oppose to 1:4ratio back in the UK is ridiculous in my view but does it get worse?...

I'm going all the way back to the start, here, I know (and I may have missed a few posts, so forgive me if I'm repeating what has already been said), but as of 2012, the National Quality Framework for child care stipulates a ratio 1:4 for children under 24 months in long day care, and from 2016, 1:5 for those aged 24-36 months. The ratios are higher for family day care where there is likely to be a mixture of age groups (though there is a maximum of 4 preschool age or under), and are lower in some states for some age groups. The better day care centres are moving towards the lower ratios (the one my little one goes to sticks to the 1:5 ratio), but of course that tends to push up costs....

Edited by littlesarah

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images