Guest Guest66881

Post a random picture of your day

Lovely warm day and a nice shady walk home.

006.JPG

009.JPG

• Like 7

In the UK, yakking on a Sunday morning used to mean something entirely different

yak.jpg

route.jpg

Edited by davlap
  • Like 4

Wise sheep sheltering from the dreich weather on the Isle of Lewis, Scotland. 😀

sheltering sheep.jpg

• Like 3

Found a visitor this morning, sheltering from this week's endless summer rain.
Shuffled her outside, where she waits!

Thought she was bigger than my hand when I saw her  -  maybe not quite!

PXL_20201212_195023223~2.jpg

PXL_20201212_195249327.MP~2.jpg

Edited by davlap
  • Like 2

I haven't seen a huntsman for years.

I want it all, and I want it now.

23 minutes ago, Parley said:

I haven't seen a huntsman for years.

I've only seen one since I've been in Melbourne.  Woke up in the early hours to see it on the ceiling directly above my bed. 

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

I've only seen one since I've been in Melbourne.  Woke up in the early hours to see it on the ceiling directly above my bed. 

We saw more in Melbourne in a unit than in Brisbane. Used to see redbacks and white tails all the time as well.

Wife was bitten by something couple of months after we arrived in Aus when hanging out the washing
Being in the medical profession, she chose to ignore her whole leg turning pink for a few days. Spent Melbourne cup day in ED and an overnight stay on a drip.

Managed to get herself a necrotic ulcer on her toe. Turned out that was probably due to being bitten by a white tail spider. 

3 minutes ago, davlap said:

We saw more in Melbourne in a unit than in Brisbane. Used to see redbacks and white tails all the time as well.

Wife was bitten by something couple of months after we arrived in Aus when hanging out the washing
Being in the medical profession, she chose to ignore her whole leg turning pink for a few days. Spent Melbourne cup day in ED and an overnight stay on a drip.

Managed to get herself a necrotic ulcer on her toe. Turned out that was probably due to being bitten by a white tail spider. 

My daughter was also bitten by a white tail spider when bringing in the washing. 

6 minutes ago, davlap said:

10 years or so ago they were common but i thi9nk drought or something killed the majority off. Very rare to see one in the house nowadays.

As i said years since i had one in the house.

I want it all, and I want it now.

Just after Christmas lunch.

A1201DFC-C930-457D-BFD7-F4562F93C609.jpeg.6e1316607e5054eaed5b483b05a7eef0.jpeg

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I grew these plants from seeds and cuttings friends gave me.  They are real sun lovers   ........................  so is Harry.  😎

004.JPG

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Toots said:

I grew these plants from seeds and cuttings friends gave me.  They are real sun lovers   ........................  so is Harry.  😎

004.JPG

@Toots they are beautiful 

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Haven't got anything recent so as we are normally skiing this time of year Im going to post a few from new years eve 2019 in Alp D'huez.

IMG_0835 (002).JPG

IMG_0845 (002).JPG

IMG_0877 (002).JPG

• Like 4

Our first trip to Alp D'Huez  Christmas 2015.....it had had the worst snow fall in years.....it was so warm the boys were skiing in T-shirts!.....

IMG_0761 (002).JPG

IMG_0787 (002).JPG

IMG_0793 (002).JPG

IMG_0865 (002).JPG

A little bit about us.....we try and ski every year.....what my poor wife has to put up with.....boys love skiing and she has 4 of them.....my eldest skis....the middle boy and youngest ski and snow board....I snow board.....the 2 boys that snow board are so good with the jumps and tricks....I wish I could up load a couple of videos showing some of their tricks.....it took me 10 years to learn to board and jump.....they were doing jumps after only a few days!.....My middle boy wanted to try a back flip so I had to try and negotiate him out of it.....the compromise was he did it on an inflatable cushion.....he landed it tho!

Edited by kungfustu
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kungfustu said:

Our first trip to Alp D'Huez  Christmas 2015.....it had had the worst snow fall in years.....it was so warm the boys were skiing in T-shirts!.....

IMG_0761 (002).JPG

IMG_0787 (002).JPG

IMG_0793 (002).JPG

IMG_0865 (002).JPG

A little bit about us.....we try and ski every year.....what my poor wife has to put up with.....boys love skiing and she has 4 of them.....my eldest skis....the middle boy and youngest ski and snow board....I snow board.....the 2 boys that snow board are so good with the jumps and tricks....I wish I could up load a couple of videos showing some of their tricks.....it took me 10 years to learn to board and jump.....they were doing jumps after only a few days!.....My middle boy wanted to try a back flip so I had to try and negotiate him out of it.....the compromise was he did it on an inflatable cushion.....he landed it tho!

Very good pics @kungfustu.  You have a very happy, healthy looking family.  

• Thanks 1