seriously stressed!!

Guest Kate&Malc

Guest Kate&Malc

Hi, anyone gone through visa application themselves. I decided to take on this task and up to now all has gone relatively smoothly. The application was sent in June and we have sent off our medicals and police reports but this was 8 weeks ago and we have not heard a thing! (after fairly regular emails) We are applying for a business investment visa and our property and business has to be sold to release the capital to be transferred for investment. We are not young! but we are not old either! but are taking the challenge of starting a business in Victoria. I know you cannot ask for updates on progress of the visa application from dima and not having a migration agent is there anyone I can email or talk to, to find out anything to put us out of our misery!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Katie

Cheer up, honey. Everyone on this forum has either been through the visa-mill or is currently going through it. I'm about to complete a Contributory Parent application for my Mum and there is quite a large group of Contributory Parents on this forum. Mum has her visa now and the final step is to validate it, which will happen this coming weekend. We did not use an agent. My sister & I dealt with it between us.

I don't know anything about the type of visa you have applied for but I'm sure you'll get replies from people who do. Also Phil Olsen is this forums's honorary Resident Migration Agent and he knows his stuff. If you are worried about anything at any time, you can always get some help from Phil. He's a really nice guy.

The waiting period is hell. However, it is a place we are all very familiar with on here. The Members are very friendly and supportive, and we'll do what we can to try to make the waiting bearable for you.

Do you know how long the type of visa you have applied for normally takes to be processed?

Cheers

Gill

Guest Kate&Malc

Hi Gill, thanks for your reply. I feel better knowing someone took the trouble to read and answer my msg. This has been a fairly difficult visa to apply for in that we have had to supply ALL of our financial details for the previous three years, all certified copies. It took me three months to get it all together and I ended up with a pile of papers nearly two inches thick!! We have already had our property on the market but had to put it on hold after our initial application for a retirement visa fell through at the beginning of the year, because we couldn't get a sale finalised by the date stipulated by dima. It seemed unfair at the time but they just wouldn't give us an extension even though our medicals and police reports were good till June. We think it was because of the change of the of requirements for the retirement visa, a LOT more money was needed to invest. You have probably gathered we are over 45! This investor visa is our only other option to emigrate! Ironically, later this morning we received the email we have been waiting for and we hopefully can move on to get the property sold ASAP!

Archived