What have we done!

srg73

Just one of the 100's of questions running through my mind as we spend our last evening in the UK (stopped calling it home for the moment as feel we are now in limbo). Still got a list of jobs to do but so nearly there and by late afternoon we will be sorted, on our way to the airport looking forward to our adventure and hopefully our new long term future.

A little annoyed about the collapse of the £ over the last couple of days but I guess that shows how fragile the £ and the UK is compared to some of the larger economies. Has anybody been in the pay lounges at Heathrow T3? Are they worth the £30 a head? We have been in others globally with the Singapore lounges being quite disappointing (unlike the Kris lounge which is meant to be amazing according to some good friends who use it quite a lot).

Thanks

S :wacko:

How exciting! Brisbane is lovely I hope you have a great time.

As for the lounges - to be honest they all remind me of, well, waiting rooms! I remember one in Singapore I think which has a gadget which could pour beer in a glass from a bottle but other than that it's a nice to do I guess. I've taken kids into lounges and it's a great way to be unpopular!

They may be a bounce to the pound if there is a no vote!

A little annoyed about the collapse of the £ over the last couple of days but I guess that shows how fragile the £ and the UK is compared to some of the larger economies. Has anybody been in the pay lounges at Heathrow T3? Are they worth the £30 a head? We have been in others globally with the Singapore lounges being quite disappointing (unlike the Kris lounge which is meant to be amazing according to some good friends who use it quite a lot).

Thanks

S :wacko:

The UK has one of the largest economies in the world? :err: And the GBP has not collapsed, not even close to a collapse. It has dipped, although this morning has started to creep back.

I wouldn't bother with a pay lounge at T3, maybe at your half way point it would be a nice idea though.

The UK has one of the largest economies in the world? :err: And the GBP has not collapsed, not even close to a collapse. It has dipped, although this morning has started to creep back.

I wouldn't bother with a pay lounge at T3, maybe at your half way point it would be a nice idea though.

There was me rejoicing at the sight of almost 50 pence to a dollar!?

Don't jump on one part of the comment! The pound has had issues against the dollar - that's a fact and I'm glad we exchanged ours two weeks ago as I'd also be annoyed.

Good luck with it all - we're loving Brisbane! The 'omg what have we done' stage lasts a while!

Keep in touch x

Hey buddy!!

Good luck with it. It is a big day for you when you make. I am sitting in the middle of Brisbane drinking my coffee. It's warm and pleasant. About to go register for Medicare

Enjoy it. A huge sense of adventure. Take it all in.

Message me or Tina when you fancy a coffee. :-)

Good Luck with your adventure, I shall be following in 12 months time. Make sure you come back and give us all lots of info and photos of how you are all getting on! I need to get through this next 12 months of waiting!!!

Hope the flight goes well. Remember life is not for regrets! x

Don't jump on one part of the comment! The pound has had issues against the dollar - that's a fact and I'm glad we exchanged ours two weeks ago as I'd also be annoyed.

Good luck with it all - we're loving Brisbane! The 'omg what have we done' stage lasts a while!

Keep in touch x

Hey buddy!!

Good luck with it. It is a big day for you when you make. I am sitting in the middle of Brisbane drinking my coffee. It's warm and pleasant. About to go register for Medicare

Enjoy it. A huge sense of adventure. Take it all in.

Message me or Tina when you fancy a coffee. :-)

Wow, guys! You made it! I was wondering how you were getting on. :-)

Good luck in your new adventure you will have those OMG moments but remember life is really to short so Enjoy its all part of the learning process. We moved over 6 years ago temp residents at first and now citizens with the exchange rate its been up and down ever since we moved here. where are you going to be located? Give me a message if you need any help advise. Remember take every day as it comes xx

Keep in touch x

The fact being the uncertainty with the Scottish vote. Nothing else. The UK economy is doing nicely at the moment. The Aussie dollar is the one to fall over the medium period of time. I'd suggest don't exchange more than necessary if possible.

If you get good jobs and build a house etc. Dont do what we did and sell up and go back to the UK. Then you really will have an OMG what have we done moment. Those are the worst feelings of regret when you give something away that youd built for yourselves.

I've noticed that whilst some people don't like it in Oz and never change, there are others who THINK they don't like it, but imperceptibly, it "grows" on them. Sadly, they don't realize until they go home!

I've noticed that whilst some people don't like it in Oz and never change, there are others who THINK they don't like it, but imperceptibly, it "grows" on them. Sadly, they don't realize until they go home!

That is absolutely right. They keep looking for the faults and don't see the benefits of living here, until they go home, then realise how much they missed those things and how much Australia had given them.