You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

109 days until xmas

I think we'll be going to my aunts again. I've always wanted to go away somewhere like Aviemore for it

I think we'll be going to my aunts again. I've always wanted to go away somewhere like Aviemore for it

just googled it , looks lovely..

Yeah I love that part of Scotland. It feels really Wintery and they make a big deal of Christmas in aviemore, I think they have a Xmas parade etc. I'm just assuming we're going to my aunts, every year my gran and grandad say this is the last time they are leaving their house for it so maybe they'll mean it this time! I'd be quite happy just having a quiet one with my mum or I might even be working away. Who knows

Can't wait. Love Christmas. Especially with young children. Going to my Dad's for Christmas dinner this year. We've had people over the last 2 years so will be a nice change, and a bit easier!

cant wait ...............

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

You cannot beat a xmas in the UK, just not the same in oz.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

only 109 days to go!! any plans?

My misses want it at home... i hate that.. she can't cook and I like getting away from family.. I just found this and just need to convince the other 'arf:yes:

http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p557183vb

Looks great.

We'll be at home, hubby would still like to be transported somewhere cold just for Xmas day and Boxing day - but the rest of us really enjoy Christmas in the sun, lounging by the pool.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Guest Bora

I'm going to make this years extra special making up for last years. I thought I'd love Xmas in the sun and naively thought it would be like the UK but with heat. I found it very hard actually and was probably at my lowest ebb when it came. So, I'm looking forward to --

The build up - radio, music TV etc

The Cold

Sitting up late on Xmas Eve as the fog hangs low with a Mulled Wine or Beer watching A Christmas Carol

Feverish shopping for presents

Walk through the woods after Lunch on Xmas day done up to the nines while the pudding steams away indoors- God I can't wait for that

Our wonderful High Street adorned from top to bottom in lights and decorations with folk going about their xmas business

My expectant little ones with rosy cheeks with excitement in their eyes

Nat King Cole & Dean Martin records

The smell of Pine in the house

Not as it should be (maybe), but what I know and love

Having it dawn in 'my' time zone

I could go on ...... full of nostalgia yes, but after last year, I've never looked forward so much to a Christmas than I do this one. 109 days to go, however will I cope !

Spending xmas day here....bliss:cute:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV6NcAjRvLXiQPp74BTmXLwcpvv90xGRh7aBJb1eASPc9UdQwbQw

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..