Guest Guest66881

Hard objects found in search for flight MH370

Guest Guest66881

Investigators searching for the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 have discovered ‘hard objects’ that seem inconsistent with their surroundings.

The most expensive search in aviation history as so far failed to spot any wreckage from the airliner, but experts may have discovered its location after studying radar and satellite data.

Martin Dolan of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau said that new surveys of the seabeds has revealed some interesting findings, including the hard objects, although there are no guarantees that this will turn out to be plane wreckage.

Dolan, who is conducting the search, is also confident a smaller search area will be announced soon.

The aircraft disappeared from radar screens on March 8 with 239 passengers and crew on board after it departed Kuala Lumpar in Malaysia to Beijing in China.Over the past six months, international experts searched for the aircraft using a range of data in a bid to narrow down the crash site.

Dolan also hopes to be able to announce a smaller search area shortly based on satellite data and the use of flight simulators.

He said new seabed surveys have also produced some interesting findings including hard objects that seem inconsistent with their surroundings, although there is no guarantee that this is the aircraft.

Speaking to The Times, Dolan said: 'There is nothing that has screamed out and said "I look like an aircraft".

'It's still a hell of an area. The area is horribly, horribly complicated.'

mh370-search-638.jpgA Vietnamese airman keeps look out for missing MH370 wreckage. Source: AP Photo- Phone call traced -

Last week a new clue to the plane's possible location emerged.

The fresh information suggested the jet "may have turned south" earlier than thought, Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss said.

Experts have used technical data to finalise its most likely resting place deep under the Indian Ocean and are preparing for a more intense underwater search.

It will focus on a dauntingly vast stretch of ocean measuring 60,000 square kilometres.

auv-638.jpgAustralian forces prepare to deploy an autonomous underwater vehicle in the search of the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. Source: AP PhotoTruss said that during efforts to map MH370's location when Malaysia Airlines tried to contact the jet, it was "suggested to us that the aircraft may have turned south a little earlier than we had previously expected".

"After MH370 disappeared from the radar, Malaysia Airlines ground staff sought to make contact using a satellite phone. That was unsuccessful," he said.

"But the detailed research that's being done now has been able to... trace that phone call and help position the aircraft and the direction it was travelling."

yahoo news.

Why the hell are they wasting millions still looking for this plane? what use is it to anyone if they do find it, it will start relatives grieving again just as they are trying to get over it...is this a game to see who finds it first?

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

If it was a relative of mine i actually think it would be very difficult to 'get over it' until I had some peace of mind to what actually happened and where my loved one is.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Yes I imagine all the families of those lost souls will want their remains back .Or at least to know what happened.

Edited by Que Sera, Sera

Why the hell are they wasting millions still looking for this plane? what use is it to anyone if they do find it, it will start relatives grieving again just as they are trying to get over it...is this a game to see who finds it first?

I think that is the most heartless thing you have ever posted on here PB. If your child, husband, wife etc was on that plane you wouldn't rest until you knew the truth. They will always have a tiny bit of hope that they are still alive. I know I would.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

I think that is the most heartless thing you have ever posted on here PB. If your child, husband, wife etc was on that plane you wouldn't rest until you knew the truth. They will always have a tiny bit of hope that they are still alive. I know I would.

Heartless to some maybe but there are people on this planet who are alive but will be dead in the next 24 hours because they do not get enough to eat or drink, if they put this much effort into saving the lives of people who need help desperate perhaps so many more would survive, I am not changing my thoughts of this, if it was a relative of mine who I know is dead I would rather the money be spent on the living, sorry if you do not like my honest thoughts.

Given that PB has put the alternative use of the funds into context then he does have a point. Or why not use the money for Ebola research? How many MH370s equivalent are dying from this disease?

i understand the feelings of loss and search for answers but they don't even know that they are searching in the right haystack.

Hopefully the "needle" will be found, but if not, what's Plan B?

PIO members are like triangles. Most of us are (a)cute but there are also those who are down right obtuse. Treat us all as equilaterals and we won't fall out. :biggrin:

Heartless to some maybe but there are people on this planet who are alive but will be dead in the next 24 hours because they do not get enough to eat or drink, if they put this much effort into saving the lives of people who need help desperate perhaps so many more would survive, I am not changing my thoughts of this, if it was a relative of mine who I know is dead I would rather the money be spent on the living, sorry if you do not like my honest thoughts.

The money IS being spent on the living.................for those who need answers and closure. Your post is akin to those politicians who make political capital out of others' misfortune, claiming compassion, whilst having no idea and simply ignoring/dismissing the consequences of their political machinations .............you sound exactly like those who you supposedly despise

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Guest Ptp113

Still looking for haystack, needle comes later

Given that PB has put the alternative use of the funds into context then he does have a point. Or why not use the money for Ebola research? How many MH370s equivalent are dying from this disease?

i understand the feelings of loss and search for answers but they don't even know that they are searching in the right haystack.

Hopefully the "needle" will be found, but if not, what's Plan B?

But how do you know they are dead? Whilst there is still a glimmer of hope even if it's 1% I think we need to continue looking. If they are found at the bottom of the ocean at least the families and friends can finally grieve.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

But how do you know they are dead? Whilst there is still a glimmer of hope even if it's 1% I think we need to continue looking. If they are found at the bottom of the ocean at least the families and friends can finally grieve.

That though, isn't the only criteria for the search. They need to know exactly why it went down, the black box is crucial.

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Of course they are dead Kate...where do you think in your wildest dreams they could be?

That though, isn't the only criteria for the search. They need to know exactly why it went down, the black box is crucial.

And when they spend millions searching for the black box that has almost certainly been made useless by the time they find it and the chances of finding it are remote what do they do then...the people are dead and gone as are their bodies....

If someone I loved had been on that flight, I'd hope they'd keep looking to find out what happened to them. If nothing else, to see if it was something preventable so other families/friends didn't have to go through the same grief.