Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


Changing Uk qualification into Aussie equivalent??

Recommended Posts

I'm a carpenter with an NVQ city and guilds level 2, I've been told by a recruitment firm that I must make my qualification valid in Australia to be considered as a carpenter.

How do I convert them?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


It will depend what State your moving too.. Have a look at this link and click the State relevant to you for further info



This is what it says for QLD -

[h=2]15. Moving from interstate or overseas[/h]You must hold a QBCC licence before you carry out any building work in Queensland.

You should hold an Australian qualification to meet the technical qualification requirement for a QBCC licence. An Australian educational organisation could possibly recognise your overseas qualification or assist you in obtaining an Australian qualification, otherwise you can have your overseas skills and experience assessed through recognition of prior learning.


Cal x



If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now