Jobs back home and moving back generally

sazm2k12

Thanks this is really reassuring, yes we are totally flexible on everything. Our first preference would be the North West which is where we are from and our families are but we are both prepared to move anywhere even if we move to the other end of the country a 5-6 hour car journey is better than a 24 hour flight or however long it takes :) I am planning on applying before we move back and seeing if anybody will interview me via Skype although think its unlikely thought it was worth a try. Its really positive to hear people who have made the right choice in moving back. How long did you spend in Oz? I feel I'm beyond ready to focus on my career (I was ready 2 years ago when we got sponsored) and can no longer see the point in investing in study here when the long term future we want is in the UK. I don't doubt that I will miss parts of living over here but some of the other things like the loneliness, missing weddings, birthdays, christenings even just a Sunday afternoon BBQ at my mum and dad's I won't miss!!

Hi Sazm,

I was in the same boat, I've just completed my Citizenship test and have to wait for my ceremony date before I can head back to God's country, until then I'm stuck up in the Pilbara. I recently spoke to a professional CV writer in Poulton le Flyde in the NW, she explained to me that the X-pats she has dealt with have never had problems finding jobs, infact companies like people who have worked aboard as they can bring in new ideas. Have you tried looking on the Job websites to get an idea what’s out there? I’ve signed upto Monster Jobs, Reed, Indeed Jobs, Job Rapido to name a few, hopefully this will help calm the nerves abit.

Thanks PNE Pom, I have had a look and there seems to be loads of jobs I would apply for but its just if I would get interviews/get the job as there would probably be lots of competition. I think I will sign up for job alerts though - thanks for the suggestion :). Can I ask how long the citizenship process has taken so far? I have no idea how long we will be waiting for it all and when to focus on as a possible moving back date. What has made you decide to move back? We are still not 100% about leaving, we have a trip planned home next Easter anyway so think that will give us more of an insight and we are going to sit on the decision for a while (we have to wait until December until we can apply for our citizenship anyway).

Thanks PNE Pom, I have had a look and there seems to be loads of jobs I would apply for but its just if I would get interviews/get the job as there would probably be lots of competition. I think I will sign up for job alerts though - thanks for the suggestion :). Can I ask how long the citizenship process has taken so far? I have no idea how long we will be waiting for it all and when to focus on as a possible moving back date. What has made you decide to move back? We are still not 100% about leaving, we have a trip planned home next Easter anyway so think that will give us more of an insight and we are going to sit on the decision for a while (we have to wait until December until we can apply for our citizenship anyway).

I only completed my test last Friday, they told me the acceptance letter should be with me 2 weeks to 6 weeks. The ceremony could take upto 6 months and looking at some of the posts on here and they weren't pulling me leg either lol I'm moving back cause of family an friends, went back last Christmas caught up with all my family in Preston and Ireland just had a blast. My sisters have basically told me that mum wants me back so who am I to argue :notworthy: I work FIFO aswell and am sick of the lifestyle, like yourself I'm just saving and sending money back home until the day arrives. I've wanted to head back for a couple of years but kept putting it off, early next year will be time for this POM to head home.