uni fees?

stevie ellis

Might pay you to keep an eye on the changes the Government are trying to bring in, it could end up costing a lot more than you expect.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/the-cost-of-getting-a-university-degree-in-australia-is-about-to-change-heres-what-you-need-to-know-2014-6

aye interesting reading, looks like Scotland uni for ma boys then, thanks for reply's, stevie

From your previous statement, I was assuming that you were contemplating sending your boys going to Uni in Scotland. If they live with you in Australia, then they may be classified as international students back in Scotland. Assuming you are originally from Scotland.

We were in the same boat. Kids were international here, and also international if they returned home to Scotland.

PR made things a bit cheaper here in Melbourne. 7k a year as opposed to 15k a semester!

From your previous statement, I was assuming that you were contemplating sending your boys going to Uni in Scotland. If they live with you in Australia, then they may be classified as international students back in Scotland. Assuming you are originally from Scotland.

We were in the same boat. Kids were international here, and also international if they returned home to Scotland.

PR made things a bit cheaper here in Melbourne. 7k a year as opposed to 15k a semester!

no we still stay in aberdeen but want to move to perth , cheers

@stevie ellis they can get a HECS though which is a loan that is not payable until they are earning over a certain amount. Then they pay a percentage back, take a look here https://www.ato.gov.au/rates/help-repayment-thresholds-and-rates/

No they can't i'm afraid - at least until they are citizens!! All four of us are studying at present and we know this to our cost!!

NWM

Just a thought Stevie ....when we moved here, coming with a 16 n 18 year old. The 18 year old deferred her place at uni in the UK for a year to come with us to see what she wanted to do.

even just with A levels she got a cracking job here, and now they are going to pay for her to go to uni here.

We too are PR

well i think he could do same maybe, we understand we have to pay fees which are no to bad going by some other countries, am jist wary o no getting a jobe an nae being able to fund the lads uni, mrs e we bit upset but its nae like me either to do sums but this time a am, an its nae tallied up for me,

well i think he could do same maybe, we understand we have to pay fees which are no to bad going by some other countries, am jist wary o no getting a jobe an nae being able to fund the lads uni, mrs e we bit upset but its nae like me either to do sums but this time a am, an its nae tallied up for me,

Both my boys are working full time and studying full time and paying their own uni fees. They stay here rent free etc but one of them has not only paid for all their uni fees but also is getting a house a house built and getting married in the new year. The other one is paying their own way but spending the rest on 'life'.

Honestly it's quite possible for kids to work and study in Aus, most employers are happy to work work the hours out to suit.

NWM