Guest Julo

Partner Visa timescales

Guest Julo

Hi All!

Just wondered if anyone could help....

My boyfriend and i are looking at moving to oz in november 08 he is dual citizenship and is currently getting his oz passport renewed.

I'm not sure if i should hang off sending my visa until he has his passport back so i can complete his oz passport details rather than his UK? However, i have heard that visas can take up to 12 months to process to i'm thinking am i best sending it sooner rather than later??

Does anyone know how long a partner visas usually take to process?

Any advice you may have would be great!

Thanks

Julieanne

Hi Jullieanne,

I have been told that the partener visa process takes 8-12 weeks (this was back in Jan when i called an agent)

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Salma

Guest Paul n Ness

Hi Julieanne

The quoted time for Partner visa processing is 12 weeks although most seem to have them well before this time. You will definitely need your partners aussie passport details for your forms not his UK one. I went to London to get my first oz passport and had it sent 3 days later so it doesnt take them long to process.

Have you had your meds yet or get your police check done? If not, I would get these moving while you are waiting for the passport - especially as you intend to be in oz by Nov 08. By doing these you will speed up the process too.

GOOD LUCK :wubclub:

Ness

Hi All!

Just wondered if anyone could help....

My boyfriend and i are looking at moving to oz in november 08 he is dual citizenship and is currently getting his oz passport renewed.

I'm not sure if i should hang off sending my visa until he has his passport back so i can complete his oz passport details rather than his UK? However, i have heard that visas can take up to 12 months to process to i'm thinking am i best sending it sooner rather than later??

Does anyone know how long a partner visas usually take to process?

Any advice you may have would be great!

Thanks

Julieanne

Hi Julieanne

I guess your talking defacto or spouse visa - this visa is normally quite a quick one to come through.Are you going to apply in oz or out of oz ?

(my spouse visa took 15days in oz)

all the best gizmo

** Here There,Where Ever Be Happy**

Guest gemmahey

Hi There me and my aussie partner are moving to sydney in November too.

i have started and nearly finished my spouse/partner visa process. You really do need to start the process soon its not as quick as you think, its the gathering of all the evidence that takes the time. I started gathering the evidence and getting thing certified in mid January it has been over a month since the application was lodged i have just had my meds done yesterday. I did not go through an agent i did it all myself and things seem to be going well (touch wood!) If you need any help dont hassite to ask me.

Guest windsor

I have dual citizenship and sponsoring hubby and son. We sent our forms off on 17th March. They both had medicals on Friday so they should get on Fri/Mon and got to send more proof off today that they requested... My sister has just done her Australian passport and it came back in about 5 days so really quick so maybe just hold off a couple more days for it.. Visa can come through within a month once they have everything apparently but guess it depends how busy they are..

Shani

Guest Julo

Thanks everyone for getting back to me! i didn't realise anyone had replied... and i visit the site daily!!!! (newbie!!)

We now have his oz passport after a nice trip to Edinburgh.

I am gathering all my evidence etc at the min didn't realise what a lengthy and expensive process it would be!!! i haven't bothered with an agent at first thought how hard can a few forms be - i might have been a bit hasty!

i have been more concerned with looking at houses/jobs/lovely beaches so really need to get things moving! Every time I look into anything I end up with another 10 things on my to do list. Just looking at booking my meds sent off my police form.

Thanks again for all your replies - if i can help at all with any of your queries please let me know!

Guest HelenaBooth

My husband is dual. Here and Oz.

We went to London and sat and waiting about 4 hours to get his passport, boring but worth it J (id never been London before though!!)

Also we are doing the forms alone without an agent (posted on Friday!) :smile:

Hope everything is okay as can’t afford to mess it up.

I have my medical booked for Tuesday next week!

Fingers crossed for us all!

Good Luck! :yes::wubclub:

xxxx

Guest Julo

Good luck Helena! i'm sure everything will run smoothly, i think the main thing with the spouse visa is checking your relationship is genuine and if you have enough evidence then there shouldn't be a problem!

Where about are you moving too? Have you been to oz before? We are moving to sydney as he has family there. I have never been to oz so i don't really mind where!

The lovely weather today is making me so excited! I can't imagine living somewhere hot!

Julieanne x

Guest HelenaBooth
Good luck Helena! i'm sure everything will run smoothly, i think the main thing with the spouse visa is checking your relationship is genuine and if you have enough evidence then there shouldn't be a problem!

Where about are you moving too? Have you been to oz before? We are moving to sydney as he has family there. I have never been to oz so i don't really mind where!

The lovely weather today is making me so excited! I can't imagine living somewhere hot!

Julieanne x

Aww thanks Julieanne, Good Luck to you also

Ive never been Australia no .. Hope its I love it, bit worried.

We are headed to Brisbane, but no idea where, we gonna go with just our suitcases and a smile. (well I hope about the smile!)

I will miss everybody so much if we get this visa granted.

We are married, and have joint account etc.. hope thats enough evidence!

Betcha dead excitied!!! Sydney!

I have such fair skin and burn like a baby but nevermind!! Nice air con!!

Hehe

Helena x

Guest HelenaBooth

Julieanne x

Well they got my application on Tuesday and took the Monday Wednesday!

Argh … hopes its all okay! I wanna go!!!!

Excited! :arghh:

Just wanna hear from someone now!

Guest gemmahey
Well they got my application on Tuesday and took the Monday Wednesday!

Argh … hopes its all okay! I wanna go!!!!

Excited! :arghh:

Just wanna hear from someone now!

U will prob hear off a c/o in less than a week now, telling you what to do next and if they require ne more evidence GOOD LUCK!:jiggy:

Guest Ms_Fi

Spousal visas are very quick, about 6 weeks if everything is in place and they don't need any more info.

Good luck :)

Got mine within 2 months. I reckon it would have been a lot quicker if I'd have front loaded medicals and police checks!

Good luck

Lucia xx

Subclass 309 (de-facto spouse) sent off 09/02/08

Case officer and Meds/police check requested 26/02/08

VISA GRANTED!!! 17/04/08

Arrived 15/09/08

Hoping to return to Blighty in 2014

Guest Julo

Yeah good luck Helena! i have heard they are quick to process but if your anything like me and impatient then a few weeks can feel like a life time!!! Let us know how you get on x

Guest HelenaBooth
Yeah good luck Helena! i have heard they are quick to process but if your anything like me and impatient then a few weeks can feel like a life time!!! Let us know how you get on x

Hello!

You've got to me me know how you all get on also!

You might be sorted before me, mine wasnt front loaded, I got my medical on Tuesday. Wish I would have sent it off before, I pray the forms are okay as with no help your never sure are you.:huh:

also I am Sooooooo impatient, as its such a big deal! :wacko:

xx