Mobile Phone SIM Card

Gin100

You can buy them pretty much anywhere now, Woolys, Coles, IGA etc, just make sure your phones are unlocked when you arrive.

Cant help with plans or coverage, if its anything like where i live in Brisbane , the best supplier for coverage can vary suburb to suburb.

Cal x

Loads of resellers of the big 2 networks. (Telstra and Optus). My wife uses a Lebara sim currently, and the kids are using Woolies sims. Lebara and Woolies are resellers of the Optus network and it is fine.

I am with Virgin, also an Optus reseller. I travel widely locally and interstate and I've never had any coverage problems.

Telstra, Optus and Vodafone are usually a bit more expensive and offer less data than the other resellers (http://www.mobilenetworkguide.com.au/virtual_operators_information.html) of these very same networks. There are pros and cons to all of the operators. It's easy enough to chop and change until you eventually are comfortable with a service and price.

Edited by Suzukiscottie