Homeless and unemployed!! One week til we fly!!!! :-)

tina0101

Moved out of our house today!! A week with relatives and then we fly a week today!! So excited!!!!

Thanks to everyone on here for all the advice and help - I will hopefully get to meet some of you when we arrive!! x

See you there. It'll fly by, how exciting :smile:

Moved out of our house today!! A week with relatives and then we fly a week today!! So excited!!!!

Thanks to everyone on here for all the advice and help - I will hopefully get to meet some of you when we arrive!! x

Same as us tina0101. Moved out a couple of days ago, staying with relatives, fly a week today :-)

• 3 weeks later...

We fly Tuesday, last night said farewell to one brother, his wife and kids, house is pretty much empty ready for tenants, 1 car sold, 1 more day at work, just sorting out last bits and off we go. Nervous as anything verging on scared but hey what's life without a few adventures and we have agreed to meet with some great friends on our first Saturday when in Brisbane.

Just looking forward to sipping a glass of something at the airport to celebrate an end to all the UK stress attached to the move.

S

We fly Tuesday, last night said farewell to one brother, his wife and kids, house is pretty much empty ready for tenants, 1 car sold, 1 more day at work, just sorting out last bits and off we go. Nervous as anything verging on scared but hey what's life without a few adventures and we have agreed to meet with some great friends on our first Saturday when in Brisbane.

Just looking forward to sipping a glass of something at the airport to celebrate an end to all the UK stress attached to the move.

S

Safe journey's Simon and family, hope everything works out for you all.

Keith

Everybody thank you. Now in a similar position to the original author, no job (ended today) all booked up, not prepared either physically or mentally although hopefully the next 3 days should help to gather our thoughts and look forward.

It is quite sad, living in an empty house and having to undertake some dreaded tasks including putting out last cat down. I can't wait for the goodbyes to end and the g'day's to start turning the negatives into the positives. I guess you have to go through some hard times to reach the good times.

S

We've been here nearly two weeks and agree the goodbyes were hard. But once your here you'll have so much to do that you'll hardly think of UK. Also you'll notice on things like FB everyone back in the UK are fine and getting on with their lives as you will be doing lol.

You are so right!! We have been so busy in the week and a half, we are shattered!! Have moved into our rental today, have finally had a Castlemaine XXXX, get our car on Tuesday and generally have not had time to breathe!!

But everyone at home is carrying on with their lives - my mum was distraught when we left and it was horrid, but we've spoken every other day on Skype and she is fine.

You just need to get used to the time difference - everyone in the UK is asleep while we're awake and we're asleep when they're awake!! I've given up checking Facebook during the day as nothing happens!!

You are so right!! We have been so busy in the week and a half, we are shattered!! Have moved into our rental today, have finally had a Castlemaine XXXX, get our car on Tuesday and generally have not had time to breathe!!

But everyone at home is carrying on with their lives - my mum was distraught when we left and it was horrid, but we've spoken every other day on Skype and she is fine.

You just need to get used to the time difference - everyone in the UK is asleep while we're awake and we're asleep when they're awake!! I've given up checking Facebook during the day as nothing happens!!

Hi tina. What are you doing for furniture in your rental? I'm already bored of having nothing!!

We only shipped a couple of big things - our sofas and our sons bed as they were relatively new and still in good nick. Sour rental has 4 (!) bedrooms so we have bought a spare bed for that and our son is in that and we are sitting on our patio and dining room chairs instead of the sofa.

Most of our container was clothes/pictures/vases and a few kitchen items, so we have pretty much bought new out here!

Wow our situation is quite different and I envy you! We filled a 20ft container and I mean FILLED. There are only 2 of us but we have a large music collection and too many clothes. I'm sitting on a sofa we had to leave behind and we have a few trips to the tip today.

2 days to go, clear the remainder of rubbish today, quick touch up of paint ready for the tenants, hire a car for the airport run and off we go!

S