Parent visa - Children under 18

u16rw9

Hi all,

Really looking for help.

2 years ago my children (both under 18) emigrated to Australia with my ex-wife. I am now in a financial position to follow them and move across.

I have been reading up on the parent visas (contributory parent visa (temporary) subclass 173) to be exact. What my issue is, is with the sponsorship? As both my children are still under 18 they are not able to sponsor myself and I cant imagine my ex-wife will either. I do have two first cousins who live in Peth, would they be eligible?

Has anyone been, or know of anyone, in a situation like this? Dont even know where to begin!

Thanks in advance,.

Hi all,

Really looking for help.

2 years ago my children (both under 18) emigrated to Australia with my ex-wife. I am now in a financial position to follow them and move across.

I have been reading up on the parent visas (contributory parent visa (temporary) subclass 173) to be exact. What my issue is, is with the sponsorship? As both my children are still under 18 they are not able to sponsor myself and I cant imagine my ex-wife will either. I do have two first cousins who live in Peth, would they be eligible?

Has anyone been, or know of anyone, in a situation like this? Dont even know where to begin!

Thanks in advance,.

It would be best if you could persuade your ex wife, wouldn't she do that for her children to have their father close by? I am not clear on the cousins, it says needs to be a relative or guardian of the children, well they are relatives, I am just not sure if close enough relatives to the children, that would be first cousins once removed. Hope someone else will be along shortly who can help more.