Jump to content

OZ tax return from the UK

Recommended Posts



OK So Oz didn't work out for us and we are back in the UK :(


We are trying to do our first tax return from the UK and the first hurdle we have come across is registering with the MyGov site. It asks you to provide a mobile number 10 digits long & beginning with 04 so they can send you an SMS, I am assuming this is for some sort of code? But as we are back in the UK we don't have our Australian mobile numbers anymore.


Has anyone come across this before and if so how did they get round it!!!! I was going to ring them but if they are anything like the UK it will cost me a fortune lol


We both need to do a tax return and our situation is pretty straight forward & thought maybe we could just do it yourself!!


Or if this hurdle is going to be the start of many to come can anyone give us advice on who to use (if ya aloud to on here)


(We went out to Adelaide on a 489)



Any Advice We Thank You in advance..




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

We assist with Aus tax returns for those in the UK - if you get stuck complete the enquiry form on the GM Tax website: http://www.gmtax.com.au


Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now