register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

cs259cr

PR employer nominated-how long do I have to work for them

Hi, I am just asking for some advice.

i came over to australia as a icu nurse on a employer nominated scheme in January 2011.

im thinking of changing employers and want to know if there is a minimum amount of years that I have to work for my employer before I move on. I tried to ask immigration but after nearly 30 mins waiting to speak to someone I gave up.

TIA

I think it would be more a contractual agreement with your employer e.g. if you leave in x amount of time you'd have to repay any costs (sliding scale). Check with your HR dept.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

It depends on which visa you're on. If you're on a 186 visa, you don't need to remain with your employer any specific length of time. If you're on a 187 visa, I believe you need to remain 2 years.

It depends on which visa you're on. If you're on a 186 visa, you don't need to remain with your employer any specific length of time. If you're on a 187 visa, I believe you need to remain 2 years.

Yep. This visa you are on will make a difference. If the rsms then you have to stay for two years from the visa grant.

Has two beautiful Aussie little girls :-)

Hi, I am just asking for some advice.

i came over to australia as a icu nurse on a employer nominated scheme in January 2011.

im thinking of changing employers and want to know if there is a minimum amount of years that I have to work for my employer before I move on. I tried to ask immigration but after nearly 30 mins waiting to speak to someone I gave up.

TIA

As it is more than 3 years since the visa grant, then regardless of what specific visa it was there is not immigration problem. I would think even a contractual arrangement with the sponsor would be finished by now as well.