189 visa lodged August 2014

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is less than 2 months for you to get the direct grant!!!! WOW, please to know that.

A friend got his in 10 weeks not that long back so I've been expecting a little more of a wait but I had everything front loaded shortly after applying from that friends advice so shows how easy it can be made for them, also backs up my point above about the agents not being needed.

Thanks all for the advice to anyone who helped, I'll happily help anyone out to pass on what I've learnt

A friend got his in 10 weeks not that long back so I've been expecting a little more of a wait but I had everything front loaded shortly after applying from that friends advice so shows how easy it can be made for them, also backs up my point above about the agents not being needed.

Thanks all for the advice to anyone who helped, I'll happily help anyone out to pass on what I've learnt

From where you applied and what was your friend's timeline? Please share...

:arghh:

I just got a direct grant. Didn't expect it quite so soon. Perfect timing as work is slow in queensland.

Applied 17th August

WOW!! received a direct grant yesterday.

Applied onshore and front loaded all docs.. except form 80.

Applied on 17th august.

direct grant on 16 october.

Guys, from my experience-- its always good to make ur application decision ready by frontloading the necessary docs (ofcourse some of us cant because of individual case scenarios), but if ur case is not too complicated go ahead and upload. This is my personal opinion!!

Good luck to all of u waiting.. and congratulations to those who got their visas.

I did not use an agent!!

all the best to everyone.

Were both onshore. He was 10 weeks from application to grant, mine 8.5 weeks

MikeyD... did you update your visa information in the excel tracker sheet??

Mine got updated automatically!! How is that possible? I was the one who entered my information, but someone updated my visa grant date there!! I'm confused.

Your info is also updated, so i wanted to know if you were the one who updated it or ...!!!

Thanks mate.

hey guys,

just a quick question, so CO will review the app and he/she will mainly focus on our EOI points breakdown and the application for point test to grant our visa, right???

I was told that form 80 is not mandatory and some people got visa grant without submitting it. Is it true???

Honestly, last year, after submitting my case to Migration Review Tribunal for a student visa review, my bridging visa A was changed directly into bridging visa C which did not allow anyone to work in Aus. I did not know about that, my **** lawyer did not tell me about that. So in the end , I was working without knowing I was not allowed to work when holding bridging visa C. I only knew it when my workplace manager notified me about that when they checked our visa annually. So i quit the job immediately after that. In general, I worked when holding bridging visa C for two months.

Now I got my new reliable lawyer (I checked his MRN on Immi website). I told them everything about the past and provided him all sorts of evidence and info regarding the story I have just mentioned above.

He said to me that on the form 80, he advised me to tell the truth about the period of time that I worked.. and all kinds of visas I held in the past. Just tell the truth. And he explained that because my work exp was below 1 year exp, so I could not claim the points for work exp. 65 points I had belong to other factors such as ietls, aus qualifications, age....etc. So he said, to grant a 189 visa, Immi will have a look at EOI points break down and review all supporting evidence that I have provided and see if that is all enough to claim 65 points or not. And because on EOI points break down, there was no points for work exp, so he said I do not need to worry about what happened above. He said I was on the right track.

But somehow, that story about bridging visa C and the period of time I worked when holding C visa keep haunting my mind. I have been so worried about it these days...

Will it affect my 189 application?? I do know I got the answer from my agent but just cannot calm myself down. I think I am drowning in stress now.

Please give me some viewpoints of your.

Thank you so much

Hey guys. Just got my direct grant today via the team in Adelaide. I applied onshore on 29 August and front-loaded everything. Processing times are v quick for this visa at the mo! Thanks for everyone's help and advice and good luck to those still waiting!

Hey guys. Just got my direct grant today via the team in Adelaide. I applied onshore on 29 August and front-loaded everything. Processing times are v quick for this visa at the mo! Thanks for everyone's help and advice and good luck to those still waiting!

Fantastic news, congratulations, I also applied onshore but on 30 August... good news coming soon I hope.

Fantastic news. Congratulations. Fingers crossed for us we were the 29th and front loaded everything. The waiting is a killer. We're offshore so I wonder if that makes a difference. Congratulations again to everyone who has recieved their visa.