189 visa lodged August 2014

Hi all,

We lodged our visa on the 12th of August, we will get the PCCs tomorrow and have the medicals booked for Thursday (21st of August). I've checked in other forums also and it seems that there are people who lodged their visas in May and are still waiting for grant, so it might be more than 10 weeks.

Good luck to all of you!

I'm In no rush lol! I take it there's no time limit on the visa application?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm In no rush lol! I take it there's no time limit on the visa application?

Well, as far as I am aware, once CO asks you for the PCC and Medicals you have limited time to upload the PCCs and do the medicals, but I am not sure how much.. month or two? So yes, you can prolong the process, but still you have some limitations. Why you started the process, but you don't want to get the visa as soon as possible?

Well, as far as I am aware, once CO asks you for the PCC and Medicals you have limited time to upload the PCCs and do the medicals, but I am not sure how much.. month or two? So yes, you can prolong the process, but still you have some limitations. Why you started the process, but you don't want to get the visa as soon as possible?

I started the process expecting it to take a little longer with the IELTS, and skills test - which only took a few weeks instead of the 3 months that they inform you off.Instead its all gone though very quick up until this stage. basically i'm trying to avoid making the validation trip for the visa, and just moving instead ( if i can time it right) but cant go until 2016.

Hi everyone

here is a visa tracker spreadsheet which has been filled out with information of dates co's have been allocated, when they made their invitations and when they got their grants

Fill free to add your information at the bottom of the spreadsheet

A big help :) good to see how long people have been waiting

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&usp=sharing#gid=0

xxxx

xxxx

Anybody able to help? I was under the impression when I applied to be able to get a HAP ID, this I'd be able to use to book a medical and have my results come straight through to my application.

There is a reference number, starts EGO, is this the same as a HAP ID?

Anybody able to help? I was under the impression when I applied to be able to get a HAP ID, this I'd be able to use to book a medical and have my results come straight through to my application.

There is a reference number, starts EGO, is this the same as a HAP ID?

Hi, you should click on "Organize your medicals" link bellow each applicant and fill in the questionably, once you are done you will have the possibility to save/print the eMedical form where on top right corner you have the HAP number.

Hope this helps.

Hi, you should click on "Organize your medicals" link bellow each applicant and fill in the questionably, once you are done you will have the possibility to save/print the eMedical form where on top right corner you have the HAP number.

Hope this helps.

Great, thanks. I applied late on Sunday so haven't fully explored everything. Must have missed that option.

Moving house this weekend so will get onto it once I know we can get medicals done done in a timely manner and also get a pay packet in for them!

Looking at the visa lodged threads from the past couple of months it seems those of us who lodged in August are less than those who lodged in July, June and May. Hope we get a faster processing and not wait 12 weeks..

Edited by pattern

Looking at the visa lodged threads from the past couple of months it seems those of us who lodged in August are less than those who lodged in July, June and May. Hope we get a faster processing and not wait 12 weeks..

With the present trend i dont see any of the visa applicants for august geting CO allotted before october …. i might be wrong on this …!!!! best of luck to everyone ...

Hi guys

I just lodged my visa this morning after getting my invite overnight (I'm already based in Melbourne). I've uploaded all of my documents as I have already done my medical, police checks etc and wanted to make my application "decision ready" so hopefully someone can just approve it when it finally gets picked up by an immigration officer. None of my points are from previous employment so it made it easier on the documents front.

Good luck everyone!!

Lodged on 30 August. I'm here as an International Student and my visa expires on 30 September. I got an email from them where it states that we got Bridging Visa and it won't be active until my student visa expires. Will let you know if it would be any quicker for being here in Australia or not.

Lodged on 30 August. I'm here as an International Student and my visa expires on 30 September. I got an email from them where it states that we got Bridging Visa and it won't be active until my student visa expires. Will let you know if it would be any quicker for being here in Australia or not.

hey !!! i thick with the present timelines yours must be faster then the offshore ones ….i saw on the visa tracker some of the onshore ones have got in 20 days flat…best of luck!!!!!

• Like 1

Hi all,

I received 189 invite on 11Aug 2014. Very excited! But similar to Martin, I am in no rush, will submit the online Visa application in Oct 2014. So I am in the midst of preparing all necessary documents prior to submission.

I have few questions here wish to get insights from you.

1) Do I really need to get my non-English document translated? what I have collected so far are Birth Cert, Marriage cert, National ID. I just get a quote from Straker (NAATI translation services) for my partner and myself. It costs AUD 500+. I didn't know it can be this expensive!

Can anyone suggest from their previous experienced?

2) For Skills, I am claiming 5 points for 3 years experience - work related to SOL ANZCO 261111 ICT Business Analyst. Do I need to provide evidence for previous work experience that is not related to my ANZCO? such as the payslips, tax form, contracts?

3) Btw, about the tax form, is this necessary? this is also not in English, means that it's going to cost me more $$ if I need to translate them!

Hope someone can shed some light...:ssign16:

Hi all,

I just lodged my application last night - and was wondering if anyone who lodged recently had done so with an additional applicant/defacto? The system has changed (using ImmiAccount now instead of eVisa) since I lodged my last visa (Temporary 485) - and I can't seem to upload documents into my partner's section - just into mine? I was pretty keen to front load everything - it's just unclear if I should just upload his docs into my section?

Any help or insight would be appreciated!

Hi all,

I just lodged my application last night - and was wondering if anyone who lodged recently had done so with an additional applicant/defacto? The system has changed (using ImmiAccount now instead of eVisa) since I lodged my last visa (Temporary 485) - and I can't seem to upload documents into my partner's section - just into mine? I was pretty keen to front load everything - it's just unclear if I should just upload his docs into my section?

Any help or insight would be appreciated!

We lodged our visa on the 12th using ImmiAccount and had no issues uploading documents both for the primary applicant and the de-facto partner (which is me). When we go to Upload documents on the upper right corner a pop up window is opening and you can choose under which of the two applicants you want to upload documents.

Are you sure that you properly added your defacto partner in the EOI (it was a little bit tricky I remember understanding where to put the defacto partner and where any dependents (if applicable)?

We lodged our visa on the 12th using ImmiAccount and had no issues uploading documents both for the primary applicant and the de-facto partner (which is me). When we go to Upload documents on the upper right corner a pop up window is opening and you can choose under which of the two applicants you want to upload documents.

Are you sure that you properly added your defacto partner in the EOI (it was a little bit tricky I remember understanding where to put the defacto partner and where any dependents (if applicable)?

Thanks pattern! That is what I was doing, but only my name is available. Checked the application to see if I'd entered something incorrectly, but the defacto info looks all fine... however - towards the end a heap of the information is blank!! Absolute panic. It had definitely been filled in and triple checked when I submitted (Education, Employment, English Language) so something has gone horribly wrong. At least I know now, so can call someone on Monday to see what can be done. I have you to thank for bringing it to my attention, or no doubt I would have had a very interesting email from my CO when one got assigned.

Thanks again!

Thanks pattern! That is what I was doing, but only my name is available. Checked the application to see if I'd entered something incorrectly, but the defacto info looks all fine... however - towards the end a heap of the information is blank!! Absolute panic. It had definitely been filled in and triple checked when I submitted (Education, Employment, English Language) so something has gone horribly wrong. At least I know now, so can call someone on Monday to see what can be done. I have you to thank for bringing it to my attention, or no doubt I would have had a very interesting email from my CO when one got assigned.

Thanks again!

Fingers crossed and hope you can resolve it on Monday. It might be a technical glitch as I am not sure how can you receive an invitation if education, employment and English language are missing...