Adelaide or Melbourne

UserName

Starting in Adelaide or Melourne  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Starting in Adelaide or Melourne

• Adelaide
    • Melbourne

hey guys,

I planed to make a Work n Holidy trip to australia, traveling the eastcoast upward to the north in one year (enough time... i hope ).

I´m asking myself were to start.... Melbourne or Adelaide?!

Were would you starting the trip?

Which one of these cities/territories has more intresting sights (heard Kangoru Island is awesome)?

Were is it easier to get a job?

...and which one would you personally prefer?

...thanks previously for your answers and sorry for my bad enlish skills :cool::wink:

What time of year are you coming? If arriving at this time of year I'd actually start in Cairns and work your way down the coast following the weather. Otherwise I agree with the above that it makes more sense to start in Adelaide and work your way round the coast.

In this case i´d start in Adelaide

.... but would it be more reasonable to start in Cairns AT THIS TIME (in 2 month)?!

... like NicF says

Depends how long you want to stay in each place to be honest, but in two months, I don't think it makes much difference. I would try to avoid Cairns from January to March, possibly December.

so you would start in Adelaide if you´d arive ~ in the beginning of november?

It would depend how long I wanted to spend in each location. I would avoid NT and FNQ in December - March tough because of the rain and humidity. I don't think anything else would bother me to be honest.

Thanks for the answer:wink:.... it helped me out

other Question: does it matter when you go Victoria / south- New South Wales?! (concerning the weather)

If you are planning on doing things like fruit picking (or other seasonal regional work) for your backpacking stint or to qualify for your 2nd year WHV then yes, it can impact on the work available and how many others are there trying for it also.

If you are not wanting to