189 visa lodged in july 2014

Im in a town not far from Brisbane, about an hour and a bit. Brisbane is lovely! Have you got a job/place sorted? So excited for you!

aw so your in ause already? i love brisbane and have lots of family and friends there so helped make up my mind on where to move :)

me too just hating waiting for the visa grant xxxxx

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aw so your in ause already? i love brisbane and have lots of family and friends there so helped make up my mind on where to move :)

me too just hating waiting for the visa grant xxxxx

Hey Keighley

All good things come to those who wait right? Have you booked your flight? Thats so quick. Do you also find a place to live? I am still waiting my visa to arrange these things.

Hey Keighley

All good things come to those who wait right? Have you booked your flight? Thats so quick. Do you also find a place to live? I am still waiting my visa to arrange these things.

hiya :)

i know they say not to book flights etc until the visa is granted but the last weekend of this month is the week we had planned to go and the flights were getting booked up, we have booked flights that there will be no charge if we do need to change them etc, we have friends and family in brisbane so we will be staying with those until we are settled

Xxx

pmg, omg, omg, just got a direct grant through. Can't quite believe its real!!! Sooooooooooo excited now!!!

Good luck to everyone else, really hope you don't have to wait much longer now!! xxx

Hi Snaik

Feel so so happy for you ! And thanks for sharing this fantastic news with us! Did you lodge your application on 28/07? Wow!!! I really hope it wont be long for rest of us!

Yep lodged 28th July and didn't do medicals til 12th august. Can't believe its come through already, thought it would be at least another couple of weeks!!

Anyway looking at your timeline its gotta happen soon for you, we only applied a few days apart.

Yep lodged 28th July and didn't do medicals til 12th august. Can't believe its come through already, thought it would be at least another couple of weeks!!

Anyway looking at your timeline its gotta happen soon for you, we only applied a few days apart.

OMG!

I also applied on the 28th! Is mine coming to????

Let's hope so!

Congrats Man!!!

OMG!

I also applied on the 28th! Is mine coming to????

Let's hope so!

Congrats Man!!!

Fingers crossed for you, I'm sure you'll have it any day now!!!

I just gotta wait for AHPRA to sort my nursing registration now!!! Could be waiting a long time!! Whatever happens I will be out of the UK by xmas!!

Yeah, let's hope so!

Hi there

new to the forum. Finding it very useful...thanks!

We lodged our 189 Visa 15/07/14 and still haven't heard anything yet. We haven't done form 80 (why do some have to do it and others not??)...waiting to see if that is required but I think everything else is sorted. I'm a secondary school teacher-want to take family to Sydney.

Like many others I am really frustrated when others are getting their 189 visas processed even though they were lodged later. Well done to them:yes: but makes me wonder if mine has slipped through the net:confused:!!

Hi I have an urgent question, I used an immigration agent to lodge my application. I lodged my application on 17th Sept. I came to know today that the reference letter that they have attached is the old one not the one that we have sent to ACS for approval. That is a wrong one. What to do? Shall I upload the correct one now before CO gets assigned?

Please suggest, please help.

Hi I have an urgent question, I used an immigration agent to lodge my application. I lodged my application on 17th Sept. I came to know today that the reference letter that they have attached is the old one not the one that we have sent to ACS for approval. That is a wrong one. What to do? Shall I upload the correct one now before CO gets assigned?

Hi godisgreat4all,

A similar situation happened to me in my previous visa process when I attached the wrong file. What I did and it worked for me is I firstly uploaded the correct file, then wrote and uploaded a letter describing the issue, informing the file to disregard and the file to be considered instead. The process went through good with no questionings.

Hope this helps.

Regards

hiya sorry for the late reply, i think maybe give your migration agent a call if you havent all ready. After all that is what they are paid to do

hope you sort it out soon :) xxxx

hiya sorry for the late reply, i think maybe give your migration agent a call if you havent all ready. After all that is what they are paid to do

hope you sort it out soon :) xxxx

Hi Keighley, thanks for the reply. Actually this was an unfortunate mistake from my agent, I talked to them they said to reupload the correct files with the explanation(in the description of the file) stating the mixup.

So is that enough? do I have any risk now?

What is your opinion on this.

Hi Keighley, thanks for the reply. Actually this was an unfortunate mistake from my agent, I talked to them they said to reupload the correct files with the explanation(in the description of the file) stating the mixup.

So is that enough? do I have any risk now?

What is your opinion on this.

Hopefully the new information you have given and your explanation will be enough, i am sure it will be

im sure they would be in touch if there was a problem

fingers crossed it wont be long until you get your visa :) xxx

Hi All,

Need some support.

I am thinking to apply under 189 and going to start for my education assessment from engineers Australia.

Could anyone suggest, is there any standard format for education assessment for my Degree ( transcript) along with CDR or not ?

Pls share.

Thanks and Regards

Lodged my 189 visa on 15th July, front-loaded everything including form 80, just waiting for a CO. Has any lucky one got CO assigned to already? I have a feeling it will be these two weeks but it's friday already :/

Hi All!

We lodged our 189 on 2nd July, uploaded all docs 15th July, PCC's and medicals 19th July and we are still waiting... From reading the other threads for May and June i believe there has been a backlog in progressing applications and some people are saying as long as 5 months before direct grant/case officer is allocated... Doesn't make the wait any easier though!!!

:unsure:

Hi All!

We lodged our 189 on 2nd July, uploaded all docs 15th July, PCC's and medicals 19th July and we are still waiting... From reading the other threads for May and June i believe there has been a backlog in progressing applications and some people are saying as long as 5 months before direct grant/case officer is allocated... Doesn't make the wait any easier though!!!

:unsure:

hi dreaming of noosa

have you applied through a migration agent ? Hopefully it wont be too long until you hear

the waiting part is the hardest :(.

Xx