189 visa lodged in july 2014

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder with these visas how it works. When it says on the invitation to apply, that we get 60 days to apply, does this mean no one looks at anything for 60 days? It seems you could wait for 55 days, then apply and upload everything and it would make little different how quick it would get processed.

It means you have 60 days to decide whether to apply or not. After 60 days, the invitation expires and is no longer valid. Once you apply, your application will be processed within 3 months from the application date.

Guest shakilahmed

Hi

I have lodged 189 last year September and CO allocated in Nov 2013.Still waiting for visa grant letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contacted IMMI and they say I am now on background check-up process and it has been doing by 3rd party. Still no update.

I become very worried sometime.

What do you guys think and what situations have you faced so far?

Hi Everyone

Thought I would start a new feed for anyone that has lodged their application in July 2014 .

My boyfriend and I have lodged the 189 visa to live in Brisbane Australia.

We showed our EOI on the 20/06/2014 - We had our Positive skills assessment 26/06/2014 - had our Invitation to apply on the 28/07/2014 which was then lodged on the 29/07/2014

We have our medicals booked for the 16th of this month and I sent off the paper documents for our PCC'S yesterday even though we have not had to go ahead from our case officer, very keen to get everything done soon as we are hoping to move to Australia late October.

Immi site and our migration agent have said the current processing time is 3 months.

Is it likely that we will have our visas by then? Anyone else in the same situation or needs advise or has any to share :)

Keighley xxxxxx

Hi

I have lodged 189 last year September and CO allocated in Nov 2013.Still waiting for visa grant letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contacted IMMI and they say I am now on background check-up process and it has been doing by 3rd party. Still no update.

I become very worried sometime.

What do you guys think and what situations have you faced so far?

Are you in Australia or overseas?