189 visa lodged in july 2014

Guys, got the most pleasant surprise of my life this morning.. Finally the wait is over.. Got a direct grant today morning!! Co team Brisbane team 32

Hi VIP

Congratulations! You have brought a great news for rest of us. Melbourne is a wonderful city to live, i have been there for 6 years. Enjoy your new life there. ^^

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations VIP!! You didn't update your signature so just wondering if you were notified when you got a CO and were you asked for Form 80 etc. Bit of background info would be ideal please :wink:

I wasnt asked for a form 80 neither was i informed about CO allocation. It was a direct grant, Infact i had called DIBP on the 11th and was told no CO or team has been assigned as yet. I wasn't expecting it to come through by 15th..

Hi Everyone,

Thought I would join the thread as my wife and I submitted our application 18th July …haven’t front loaded meds and PCC as we can’t move until next year so am happy to wait until a CO is assigned.

One thing I that was a surprise to me was the form 80. Don’t know how but I hadn’t even come across it until looking at this thread. Looking online I can see it is quite detailed, but it is a compulsory form? I see a couple of posts that say they are waiting to see if they get asked for it.

Also is it just the meds, PCC and form 80 that can be front loaded? Do they ask for certified copies of birth certs, passports etc?

Thanks,

Mark.

Hi Everyone,

Thought I would join the thread as my wife and I submitted our application 18th July …haven’t front loaded meds and PCC as we can’t move until next year so am happy to wait until a CO is assigned.

One thing I that was a surprise to me was the form 80. Don’t know how but I hadn’t even come across it until looking at this thread. Looking online I can see it is quite detailed, but it is a compulsory form? I see a couple of posts that say they are waiting to see if they get asked for it.

Also is it just the meds, PCC and form 80 that can be front loaded? Do they ask for certified copies of birth certs, passports etc?

Thanks,

Mark.

There seems to be more than one way to do all this, and as long as the right steps have been taken, I don't think it matters too much in what order.

We lodged last weekend, and also have no plans to move for at least 7 months. But we were still quite keen for things to move forward. So we front loaded everything we had (including all certified proof) and PCC for my wife and me.

The only thing we are waiting to do is medicals, as lots of people on here recommended waiting until a CO gets in contact to do them.

I think certifying documents can help, but some people say colour scans will suffice. We also found that it takes a while to organise all these docs, scan them at the right file size and naming conventions. So you could always do that when you get a chance.

There seems to be more than one way to do all this, and as long as the right steps have been taken, I don't think it matters too much in what order.

We lodged last weekend, and also have no plans to move for at least 7 months. But we were still quite keen for things to move forward. So we front loaded everything we had (including all certified proof) and PCC for my wife and me.

The only thing we are waiting to do is medicals, as lots of people on here recommended waiting until a CO gets in contact to do them.

I think certifying documents can help, but some people say colour scans will suffice. We also found that it takes a while to organise all these docs, scan them at the right file size and naming conventions. So you could always do that when you get a chance.

Many thanks for the reply – so regarding things like passport, birth and marriage cert, these don’t need to be loaded with the initial application?

Form 80 we didn't upload. As only some people get asked. But I did get a copy of the form and have collected all the answers. As I used to travel for work until 2008 it was hard to remember all the places I went. I think it might not hurt to prepare for that form. But I would only upload one if asked. Keep it simple!

Thanks will do the same - think I need to pull my finger out a bit and get a move on!

hi all.....

I am elated..I just read my 10 page grant letter ....Love to all who kept the forum alive..and I will light a candle at temple wishing for a speedy grant for each of you..

Super excited!!!!!!!

Cheers guys..

amazing news neero, the biggest congraulations to u, i am really happy for you :)

all the best in ur new life in ause xxx

Hi ,

I was wondering if someone could clear up something for me regarding the validation of the Visa. I think it is the case that once the visa is granted you have one year to travel to Australia to validate it – what are the conditions after that? Eg. If you are unable to make the full move then, you go for a holiday to validate and leave, what time frame do you then have to make the full move over.

Thanks,

Mark.

hi all.....

I am elated..I just read my 10 page grant letter ....Love to all who kept the forum alive..and I will light a candle at temple wishing for a speedy grant for each of you..

Super excited!!!!!!!

Cheers guys..

congratz neero700!!

Hi ,

I was wondering if someone could clear up something for me regarding the validation of the Visa. I think it is the case that once the visa is granted you have one year to travel to Australia to validate it – what are the conditions after that? Eg. If you are unable to make the full move then, you go for a holiday to validate and leave, what time frame do you then have to make the full move over.

Thanks,

Mark.

Hi Budeman

I think you need to validate it first, and live in Australia for two years within five years. Otherwise you can't get your RRV. Please see details below and consult a immigration agent if necessary:[h=1]Resident Return Visa

A Resident Return Visa is required for all non-citizen permanent residents of Australia who wish to temporarily leave the country, typically once the initial five year validity period of their residence visa has expired.[/h][h=2]Eligibility[/h]Typically an RRV applicant will be required to have spent at least two years within the last five in Australia to be eligible for an RRV. Alternatively, if an applicant can suitably demonstrate that they have substantial ties to Australia – such as family members or employment – they may also be eligible for an RRV.

However, unlike other categories of visa, the requirements are less stringent and you may be eligible for an RRV even if you do not meet the basic eligibility requirements.

[h=2]What is a Resident Return Visa (RRV)?[/h]There are two classes of Resident Return Visa: The Subclass 155 RRV and the Subclass 157 RRV.

155 Resident Return Visa

The most common form of RRV allows the holder to leave and re-enter Australia at will for five years.

157 Resident Return Visa

The 157 RRV is typically reserved for those who are ineligible for a 155 RRV; it also allows the holder to leave and re-enter Australia legally, but only for a period of three months.

Who needs a Resident Return Visa?

If you are the holder of a permanent residency visa for Australia, you are permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely. However, your visa is only valid as a means of entry into the country for the first five years since your visa grant date.

If you would like to travel outside of Australia after, or towards the end of, the initial five year period, you will require an RRV.

Any family members who will also be travelling outside of Australia will also require their own RRV and separate applications must be made for each person.

If you were formerly a permanent resident of Australia and your visa has expired, you will require an RRV to re-enter Australia.

If you were formerly an Australian citizen and you either lost or renounced your citizenship, you will also require an RRV.

If your passport contains either an Authority to Return (ATR) or Return Endorsement (RE) document, you do not require a Resident Return Visa. You may have an ATR or RE if your permanent residency was granted between 1 March, 1976 and 31 December, 1986.

[h=2][/h]