189 visa lodged in july 2014

Yes. Also other things can also have these kind of conditions, for example Ahpra (for medical staff) can provide a letter of determination for up to 12 months. Depending on what order you apply for things and how soon they come through, this kind of thing can also 'start the clock ticking'.

Usually you'll get a letter or an email stating that thing will be valid until a certain date. That means you have that time to get everything else nailed (visa etc), organise your move and get an address in Aus sorted.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

We got an email from our CO asking for the biographical pages of my husband's new passport (which we had already uploaded to online application) and Form 1399 yesterday. This is the first time we have heard from them after the application submission. Happy to hear that the application is being processed :).

• Hi All

I was requested by my case officer to make the VAC 2 payment as my wife (secondary applicant) does not have functional English as per DIBP. As per the DIBP website second installment if applicable needs to be paid before the Visa can be granted.

So does this means I have a PR for me and her on the way? and is it a kind of pre confirmation? or there can be a rejection at this stage too.

Waiting for your reply
    Thanks

• Hi All

I was requested by my case officer to make the VAC 2 payment as my wife (secondary applicant) does not have functional English as per DIBP. As per the DIBP website second installment if applicable needs to be paid before the Visa can be granted.

So does this means I have a PR for me and her on the way? and is it a kind of pre confirmation? or there can be a rejection at this stage too.

Waiting for your reply

Thanks

I think they usually ask you to pay for your spouse's functional english ability only if you are going to be given the grant pretty soon.

A friend was asked to do the same and instead of paying he got his wife to take the IELTS and uploaded the results on a Friday and they got their grant on Monday. So I think you need not worry. It's great that someone is working on your case.

I think they usually ask you to pay for your spouse's functional english ability only if you are going to be given the grant pretty soon.

A friend was asked to do the same and instead of paying he got his wife to take the IELTS and uploaded the results on a Friday and they got their grant on Monday. So I think you need not worry. It's great that someone is working on your case.

Thank you very much Delilah!

This waiting game is killing me!

:confused:

Finally got a case officer, they're asking for evidence of a relationship to my aussie gf. Although she's in auz and I'm in the uk. Fortunately we have a joint bank account from when I was living there before. Hopefully the statements are enough. Also got asked to provide another Form 80 (apparently a newer version). And also undergo another health check. I did a health check but that was almost a year ago so probably expired.

But it's good to know they're finally look at it, the waiting is agonising for me and the GF.

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Hey everyone

Wanted to let you know, we have our visas and are flying to brisbane on monday

so excited :)

i have my fingers crossed for you all that your wait wont be too much longer

all the best

keighley

Happy for you Keighley! Best wishes on the move.

Edited by Delilah

Hi,

I have been watching this forum from last 3 month. Congratulations to everyone who have got their visa grant .

We lodge 189 visa onshore on 16th July, 2014. Frontloded everything within a week except medical. Case officer was allocated on 26th Sept, 2014 and asked for medical. We did medical on 30th September and clinic uploaded on 6th October. After 1 week,We send email about the processing time and if any extra document needed? We didn't get reply and tried to called but could not talk with the case officer. The lady who speaks over the phone said it may take 1 to 2 weeks, but it is already 2 weeks didn't get any response of email nor get any update. We don't have direct email address of case officer. Does it takes so long to finalize medical? Please suggest is there anything we can do. It's almost 3 and half month that we lodge our visa and more than 3 weeks of medical report submitted.

Have you tried giving them a call?

The only thing I'm waiting for is my PCC from Singapore (it's a specific process which I could not have even started before a CO was assigned to me), and I'm starting to panic as it will take longer than the given 28 days to obtain the PCC. I've been emailing my CO to keep her updated of this (no reply, surprise surprise) and also called the main number (DIBP call centre) to check if it's ok to get an extension to the 28 days.

I've read in several forum threads that the extension is usually granted as long as i let my CO know and send her a copy of receipt that i've applied for the PCC, but I wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth as Singapore Police are unable to confirm for me (not 100%) as to whether they will actually send me a receipt once they started processing my application for the police check.

So I called and spoke to a lovely gent who assured me that the 28 days get normally extended provided this is not 4th-5th time i'm asking for the extension. He also said that since i don't have a receipt, it's ok that i just sent other docs to my CO indicating that i've applied for the PCC (such as the receipt that the police station gave me after they had taken my fingerprints).

Hope this helps others in a similar situation & I'll post an update once things get moving along for me, hopefully just a few more weeks :)

Edited by CaptainC

A guy I work with has had a about a 5 month extension trying to get a PCC from the middle east. The case officer was quite happy to wait.

Thanks, P189, this really helps me feel a bit at ease.

The issue in my case is that I've been having problems even submitting my application for the PCC, hence it kinda makes me look like I did not do my best to submit it on time. I've still managed to submit it within the 28-day limit but I have no physical proof that the Singapore Police received it and are working on it...it's almost impossible to get through to them on the phone and they're not replying to emails, hence the sleepless nights :(

But i do feel slightly relieved now that I've finally managed to speak to someone from the Adelaide office about it.

Thanks, P189, this really helps me feel a bit at ease.

The issue in my case is that I've been having problems even submitting my application for the PCC, hence it kinda makes me look like I did not do my best to submit it on time. I've still managed to submit it within the 28-day limit but I have no physical proof that the Singapore Police received it and are working on it...it's almost impossible to get through to them on the phone and they're not replying to emails, hence the sleepless nights :(

But i do feel slightly relieved now that I've finally managed to speak to someone from the Adelaide office about it.

If I see my work colleague today I'll ask him if he supplied evidence of having applied for the PCC

Hi Keighley,

So pleased to see that you got your visa at last. I had been looking at the tracker every few days even though I had mine just to see if yours had been granted!!! Can't believe your on your way to Brisbane today, so excited for you. We will be flying there in January after spending xmas and New Year in Goa. Just waiting for the sale of our house to go through first.

Anyway good luck and hope all goes well.

Sal

Hey everyone

Wanted to let you know, we have our visas and are flying to brisbane on monday

so excited :)

i have my fingers crossed for you all that your wait wont be too much longer

all the best

keighley

Hello Everyone,

I have been silently following this form from a long time and would like share that we received direct grant on 24th July.

Lounged the visa on 25th July 2014 front loaded all documents including form 80 and PCC on 22 Oct. Thank you all for the great feedback on this form and wish you all the very best to get the grants soon.

All the best,

DKS

Hello Everyone,

I have been silently following this form from a long time and would like share that we received direct grant on 24th Oct 2014 .

Lounged the visa on 25th July 2014 front loaded all documents including form 80 and PCC on 22 Aug 2014. Thank you all for the great feedback on this form and wish you all the very best to get the grants soon.

All the best,

DKS

Sorry to jump your thread...

Just wondered how you are all getting on? We to are going for 189, my husband is a plumbing and heating engineer. We are preparing documents etc for my husbands skills assessment and have been told to allow 12 weeks for processing time, is this accurate? You all seem to be progressing quickly with your applications!

The thread is for people who have already lodged their 189 applications in July. I'll move your post to a new thread as you haven't submitted your EOI yet - your question seems to be about the time taken for skills assessment for a specific occupation.

Hi Keighley,

So pleased to see that you got your visa at last. I had been looking at the tracker every few days even though I had mine just to see if yours had been granted!!! Can't believe your on your way to Brisbane today, so excited for you. We will be flying there in January after spending xmas and New Year in Goa. Just waiting for the sale of our house to go through first.

Anyway good luck and hope all goes well.

Sal

Snaik,

I am also planning to celebrate 31st dec in Goa and will move to Adelaide in Jan.

Where are you heading towards?

Nikunj,

Which part of Goa will you be staying in? Have you been before? My husband is from Goa so we are going to spend xmas, new year with them. Will be in Candolim area, although will go down to the south for a bit as well. Are you going on your own or with family?