189 visa lodged in july 2014

Amazing news hesper521, really happy for you

you lodged on the same day as me hopefully it wont be long till i receive mine, ive got a migration agent so have to wait for them to email which is a little frustrating ;)

xxx

Logged in to see how you are getting on Keighley...looking forward to hearing some good news from you! Good luck and hope you hear back soon! Congrats everyone else who have heard back! x

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing news hesper521, really happy for you

you lodged on the same day as me hopefully it wont be long till i receive mine, ive got a migration agent so have to wait for them to email which is a little frustrating ;)

xxx

Hi Keighley

Dont worry, you will have yours soon. I called my agent yesterday and asked him why i am still waiting , and he told me that i wont receive mine if i keep annoying him. LOL, who knows i got mine just a day after.

Logged in to see how you are getting on Keighley...looking forward to hearing some good news from you! Good luck and hope you hear back soon! Congrats everyone else who have heard back! x

thank you .. and we have booked our tickets at first moment when i read through my visa. Melbourne, we are coming.

hi marcia

did the dibp request any further documents or give you an estimated date or reason why its taking so long? Xx

Nothing so far. I haven't asked why was taking so long.

They just said I have to wait, there's nothing I can do! Its so frustrating

Good news group. We have been granted PR today !!!

Respect the Aussie punctuality :notworthy:, it's exactly 3 months today - from the time we launched the visa.

Best wishes to all the members waiting for their Big Day.

Great news, were you asked for any document by your CO or it was a direct grant ? What was your point ?

Great news, were you asked for any document by your CO or it was a direct grant ? What was your point ?

It was not a direct grant. CO requested for Overseas PCC - National 2 weeks ago and we sent it on the same day.Today we got the grant. All other docs (not Form-80) were already front loaded in our case.

Hi everyone :)

I emailed my migration agent to ask if there has been any update as DIBP now have the paperwork they need now and our migration agent came back with our application will be finalized in between 2 - 4 weeks so I am a little gutted as we have our flights as we were originally told up to 10 weeks which has now past, our faults for booking the flights already i know but totally disheartened :(

Any advice? do you think its worth calling the case officer?

only problem with having a migration agent (as helpful and fantastic as they are) is i have to keep asking them for updates!!!

xxxxx

You can contact the CO directly according to me but usually when you apply thru an agent then I believe CO may not disclose the details to you as your agent is officially added for each and every correspondance.

Hey guys

To all of you who have successfully been given PR well done...

Sorry if it has already been asked but I wanted some advice on filling out the education section on the visa app, do I include GCSEs and if so what category of qualification do they fall under

Cheers in advance

Hey guys

To all of you who have successfully been given PR well done...

Sorry if it has already been asked but I wanted some advice on filling out the education section on the visa app, do I include GCSEs and if so what category of qualification do they fall under

Cheers in advance

Can't remember for sure but I think you just put the degrees.

Hi everyone :)

I emailed my migration agent to ask if there has been any update as DIBP now have the paperwork they need now and our migration agent came back with our application will be finalized in between 2 - 4 weeks so I am a little gutted as we have our flights as we were originally told up to 10 weeks which has now past, our faults for booking the flights already i know but totally disheartened :(

Any advice? do you think its worth calling the case officer?

only problem with having a migration agent (as helpful and fantastic as they are) is i have to keep asking them for updates!!!

xxxxx

Hi Keighley,

Although they have said 2-4 weeks, by the looks of past experience of people in the immigration blogs, you might still be lucky and get your visa in time to take the flights you have already booked. Since you are in the UK (and presumably British citizens), you may also have the option of getting an eVisitor visa to travel on the date you were suppose to come so you don't lose money paid for your flights. Might be worth asking your migration agent. When we were coming here for the first time, there was delay in getting the 457 visa and I considered this option.

Hope you get to keep your plans!

I can see in the visa tracker https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&usp=sharing#gid=84, there are many applicants who have not got the grant since December last year for the 189 visa. Does anyone know if most of them or any of them are still waiting for the visa or got the visa but did not update the status in the visa tracker?