Vetassess - Electrician Paper assessment

Guest chris_mac

Hi Louise

Yeah turns out I can't send pms yet as im a new member. Anyway im living in Perth now and need to get my vetaases done for residency. Just wondered if.you could get your husband to email me copies of the practical installation lay out and the sol starter circuit.

Im quite confident I know what im doing but it's been 6 years since I've finished my apprenticeship, and I hate doing exams haha.

Cheers!

Hi Louise

Yeah turns out I can't send pms yet as im a new member. Anyway im living in Perth now and need to get my vetaases done for residency. Just wondered if.you could get your husband to email me copies of the practical installation lay out and the sol starter circuit.

Im quite confident I know what im doing but it's been 6 years since I've finished my apprenticeship, and I hate doing exams

Cheers!

I've just forwarded them to you. :biggrin:

I'm a bit worried now.

I've been told that for me to get a job doing what I do here (signal maintenance technician) I'll have to be Vetassessed as a General Electrician, and judging by this post it looks like I'll have to do a "domestic" installation test! I carry out wiring alterations to wiring diagrams but not sure how i'd do with "out of industry" stuff.

Any advice, have you come from a similar background?

Cheers guys

hi there,

I'm no expert but I reckon you'll need to be assessed as an Electrician Special Class. Again, I'm no expert but maintenance sparks usually, are not general electricians for migration purposes.

Regards, Derren

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how long it takes to get the results from the Vetassess electrical assessment (UK)? I did mine almost three weeks ago but still haven't heard anything from them. How long have any of you guys waited for the results? Thanks for any info.:biggrin:

• 1 month later...
Guest greenfrog

Hi Lou,

I know its been a while but would it be possible if you could email me the DOL circuit diagram and the layout of the practical task.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

Iam a new member that's about to take vetesses practical general electrician assessment and like your husband have no experience of dol starters . I would be really appreciative if you could send me a copy of the diagram together with anything else which you think might prove useful. Getting a bit nervous as assessment next week, but your post as been very helpful so far in outlying what to expect.

Thanks

Richard

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys,

i am going to start my process for a 189 visa and after looking at some of these posts wondering if anybody could send me through past papers and diagrams. I also noticed that on the electrician general exam it says I need to know about lifts and mechanical parts.has anybody had to do this or is it new to the exams now?

any info would be appreciated as some people tell me it's all easy and also will fall into jobs and others are the opposite

Hello, please could anyone help me with my VETASSESS paperwork that I need to complete before my exam this Thursday? How much detail do I need to include for each section? I am going to choose Elective 1 as I have experience in this area, but not sure how much I should write for each system, or how many systems to talk about? Does anyone have an example, or anything they could share with me to get me on the right track. Thank you in advance.

• 4 months later...

Archived