Sales & Marketing Manager Skills Assessment

ZoeT

Hi

Has anybody on this site passed the AIM skills assessment for Sales & Marketing Manager? If so did you use a migration agent as I am considering doing so as it seems so difficult to pass this even though I have had over 10 years experience.

Thanks

Zoe

Yes, I passed but be warned, their process is very strict indeed and yes, I used a migration agent. Despite experience they will ask to see many documents from past roles, all on company paper and signed. If you have been in the same role for 10 years this will be easy, otherwise start contacting ex bosses/colleagues. Good luck.

It will depend on your work history and experience, you can look on their website but tbh I would suggest contacting a migration agent to help you.

Hey

I am also gathering documents for the AIM assessment.

3FatCats, can you please tell which documents AIM needed besides org.charts and position descriptions?

The AIM application process itself isn't too bad and the assessors have always been quick and easy to deal with, the criteria on the other hand is extremely prohibitive and if the companies you've worked for and the positions you've been in don't meet that criteria there's nothing you can do about it. Read the guidelines on their website carefully and it will explain everything.

Hi ZoeT,

I passed it also.. To answer your question, I am also using an agent but for me, it wasn't the agent who helped me get the positive skills assessment. It was from printing off their own guidelines and reading and re-reading and re-reading everything they asked for. AIM give very clear instructions as to what they are looking for to be able to give a positive assessment and once you conform to those and add as much supporting documentation as you can, you would be fairly assessed. All my agent did was read it for me and lodge it. I had to get all the documentation together that they require myself as no one else can do that for you. To be fair, I'm sure if my agent had felt it wasn't good enough, they would have said so before lodging. But the actual work that goes into it had to be done by myself. I found the internet to be a great source of information on how to put it all together also. Once I had gone over their requirements, I put together an excel spreadsheet of all of the specific docs they asked for, eg organisation charts, job descriptions etc. I then added all the extra docs that were personal to me to support my application, eg references, education certificates, course prospectuses, CV. I detailed who needed to sign off on each one, as per the AIM guidelines and worked my way through the list. If you have a good HR department, they will make your life a lot easier..

Once it was lodged, I got my result in 4-5 weeks. Just to highlight also, my agent is now much more involved in our process and took over completely once I received the positive skills assessment and passed IELTS.

Hope that helps in someway..

Best of luck with it..

Thanks a lot to everyone. I have a question re documents that are not mandatory, as it's stated on the AIM application form "If possible include letters of appointment and/or promotion, payslips, company reports and any other relevant documents." Did you provide any of these documents and if not, did AIM requested them during the assessment process?

Thanks

Irina

Yes, I passed but be warned, their process is very strict indeed and yes, I used a migration agent. Despite experience they will ask to see many documents from past roles, all on company paper and signed. If you have been in the same role for 10 years this will be easy, otherwise start contacting ex bosses/colleagues. Good luck.

Hi

Thanks for your help on this. Did you have to prove that you reported directly to the owner or CEO? I work for a large global company and am a Senior Sales Manager with four Managers reporting into me who also have their own teams, however I report to the Sales Director....

Thanks

Zoe

Hi

Thanks for all your help. Did you have to.prove that you reported directly to the Owner or CEO? I am a Senior Manage with four Managers reporting into me who have their own teams reporting into them. I report into the Sales Director not the CEO as I work for a large global company where only Directors report into the CEO...

Thanks again

Zoe

Hi Zoe,

I report directly to the CEO so that wasn't an issue for me, they could see that on the Organisation Charts. It is on the AIM list as being one of the criteria they need to have fulfilled. But somebody else on here might have more experience hopefully of a position similar to your own..