You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

The Pom Queen

Australia's Most Trusted Brands

Now the 13th annual Reader’s Digest poll has revealed the brands Australian consumers hold dear, in every facet of life from banks to barbecues, tea to toilet tissue.

Barbecues: Weber, Coleman

Beer: Carlton Draught, Crown Lager, Corona

Breakfast: Weet-Bix, Corn flakes, Uncle Toby’s

Cars: Toyota, BMW, Mercedes,

Charity: Guide Dogs, Australian Red Cross, RSPCA

Confectionary: Cadbury, Lindt, The Natural Confectionary Company

First Aid: Dettol, Band-Aid, Johnson & Johnson

Ice cream: Streets, Cadbury, Peters

Ovens: Miele, Bosch, Westinghouse,

Pies: Four’N Twenty, Mrs Macs, Sargents

Supermarkets: Coles, Aldi, Woolworths

Check out the full list here

http://www.homeoftrustedbrands.com.au/winner.php

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Have to say I'm impressed with Dyson and it's great to see they made the list. We bought ours ten years ago and although the motor has failed twice in this period they have fixed it free of charge and even given it a free service. Not many companies would fix a vacuum that is 9 years old.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Now the 13th annual Reader’s Digest poll has revealed the brands Australian consumers hold dear, in every facet of life from banks to barbecues, tea to toilet tissue.

Barbecues: Weber, Coleman

Beer: Carlton Draught, Crown Lager, Corona

Breakfast: Weet-Bix, Corn flakes, Uncle Toby’s

Cars: Toyota, BMW, Mercedes,

Charity: Guide Dogs, Australian Red Cross, RSPCA

Confectionary: Cadbury, Lindt, The Natural Confectionary Company

First Aid: Dettol, Band-Aid, Johnson & Johnson

Ice cream: Streets, Cadbury, Peters

Ovens: Miele, Bosch, Westinghouse,

Pies: Four’N Twenty, Mrs Macs, Sargents

Supermarkets: Coles, Aldi, Woolworths

Check out the full list here

http://www.homeoftrustedbrands.com.au/winner.php

Apart from a few names, unique to Australia, pretty much identical to what you would see in England! Proof if you wanted that life is much the same as England, England plus sunshine you might say!

As for food Rosella, Arnotts biscuits( probably no longer Oz but still) any Tasmanian cheeses, Sydney oysters and also Coffin Bay oysters, Margaret River wines,aeroplane jelly, etc. Sausages from Aldi because the Germans are good at them- same applies to ham.

Most of those brands foods contain palm oil :(

Whys that a problem?

As long as it certified as from a sustainable source there is nothing wrong with palm oil.

Counting down the days until we emigrate... 28th March 2016, Melbourne here we come...

I used to eat these biscuits, I think by Arnotts, called Morning Coffee maybe?? on the train from Sydney CBD to Parramatta every morning on the way to work. I used to eat nearly a whole packet at a time they were so moreish. Mmm wish I could get some now...

I'm surprised to see Mercedes and BMW in that list, purely because they're European!

Independent (Subclass 189) IELTS 17/5/14 - L 8.5 - R 8.0 - W 8.0 - S 9.0 / VETASSESS Training and Employment Check 1/4/14 - Successful / Bench Joinery VETASSESS Technical Interview - 28/07/2014 (Kent) - Successful 04/08/2014 / EOI - 06/08/2014 / Invite for VISA - 29/08/2014 / Medicals 13/09/2014 / VISA Granted - 28/10/2014 Landed In Brisbane - 29/04/2015

I'm surprised to see Mercedes and BMW in that list, purely because they're European!

We tried British Leyland but sent them all back!

I used to eat these biscuits, I think by Arnotts, called Morning Coffee maybe?? on the train from Sydney CBD to Parramatta every morning on the way to work. I used to eat nearly a whole packet at a time they were so moreish. Mmm wish I could get some now...

Arnott's Famous Biscuits;

Arnotts_zpsc78d0ae3.jpg

The blurb: On his T is the best poll I see...

Read it quickly.:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

How many of these products are Australian owned and manufactured? Probably one or two. I always try and support local produce even if it costs more but it's getting harder to find. The other day I picked up a can of Mortein Fly Spray which is an iconic Australian brand and noticed it is now made in Malaysia and also it was twice the price of the Coles home brand fly spray which was Australian made.

Ford and Holden are gone! A year ago they would have been there but with the factory closures and pooof! Still Merc and BMW are expensive motors.

My Bro In Law brought me an icecream yesterday which I had'nt had in years!The name?"Golden Gaytime"!!!Only in Australia!:laugh:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix