2nd WHV processing time issue

Mark1245

Hello,

I was hoping someone could put my mind at ease. My partner and I both arrived in OZ together, completed our regional work for our 2nd year Visa at the same place and applied for our 2nd year at the same time. Hers was accepted within 2 days but mine has been over 2 months now. They asked for additional information about my regional work which I've given but I can't think why its taking so long.

I've contacted the immi office and their response has been that it is indeed strange to take so long but all I can do is wait.

Has anyone else known it to take this long for processing time for a 2nd year working holiday? I've been on a bridging visa for just over a month and starting to worry something has gone awry.

Thanks,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Mark, I have moved your thread to the WHV section as you may find others who have been in your situation. I've known a couple of cases where it has taken 2 months to come through so hopefully it won't be too much longer. How long ago did you send the extra information?

Hi Mark,

I processed mine online on 28/05/14 and they asked for payslips etc...which I managed to get hold of and process online on 23/06/14. I'm in New Zealand on a year visa until Jan'15 and I am still waiting...it's dead anoying as can't make any plans for next year until it does come through.

I have tried all the numbers on the immi site but none of them are any help - they gave me this email 2ndwhm.helpdesk@immi.gov.au but you just get an automatic response saying "if your emailing about the progress of your app you wont get another reply".

So yea it seems all we can do is wait! Let me know if you get any update or get another number you can call from.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Mark, I am having the same problem. I have sent in all of my info and it has been a few weeks now with no response. Have you had any luck?

Hi guys, I'm in the same boat as you at the moment. Applied for 2nd WHV and was asked for extra info which I submitted 4 weeks ago and no reply yet. Called immigration number and guy said all I can do is wait. So just wondering if anyone has heard back yet? I'm hoping it doesn't mean a no! I'm pretty sure it won't be but waiting is so frustrating. An update on your situation would be appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
My son has just got his 2nd whv granted we filled on line application in and immigration confirmed with farmer that he had done work via a phone call granted within 24 hrs what extra info did you need to send

Did you end up getting it mate? My girlfriend has been waiting for 2 months now, 6 weeks since they asked for more evidence which she gave plenty of.