Bridging visa working rights

greenparrot

Hi, Im new to this and was just wondering if anyone knew about the working rights of a Bridging Visa A (class WA ) (subclass 010). It says it has visa conditions 8115 BUSINESS VISITOR ACTIVITY. I came over from UK on a VISITOR VISA ETA with no work rights for 3 months. Im not sure what they mean by BUSINESS VISITOR ACTIVITY as it also says ill have limited permission to work so Im confused as to what they mean. If i had to apply for work through hardship , would that jeopardise my Other Family (residence) Remaining Relative visa application as my mum is sponsoring me and i thought that if they considered us as hardship they might think my mum isn't in a position to support me as a sponsor?..If anyone could enlighten me that'd be great, thanks!

Hi, Im new to this and was just wondering if anyone knew about the working rights of a Bridging Visa A (class WA ) (subclass 010). It says it has visa conditions 8115 BUSINESS VISITOR ACTIVITY. I came over from UK on a VISITOR VISA ETA with no work rights for 3 months. Im not sure what they mean by BUSINESS VISITOR ACTIVITY as it also says ill have limited permission to work so Im confused as to what they mean. If i had to apply for work through hardship , would that jeopardise my Other Family (residence) Remaining Relative visa application as my mum is sponsoring me and i thought that if they considered us as hardship they might think my mum isn't in a position to support me as a sponsor?..If anyone could enlighten me that'd be great, thanks!

Last remaining relative visa has been closed now. So did you apply for it just before then and were you in Australia at the time?

Assuming you applied onshore, then no you won't have automatic working rights, you would need to apply for them. Business visitor activity is very limited, it allows going to conferences or having meetings, but it doesn't allow for paid work.

I guess you just need to apply for working rights and see what happens, nobody can say if you will get them or not. If you don't get working rights, then personally I would pack up and wait offshore.

As a general rule bridging visas just extend the terms of your existing visa until a determination is made on whether or not to grant a subsequent visa for which you've applied.

if you didn't have work rights under the old visa it's unlikely you'll acquire them through your bridging visa.

As a general rule bridging visas just extend the terms of your existing visa until a determination is made on whether or not to grant a subsequent visa for which you've applied.

if you didn't have work rights under the old visa it's unlikely you'll acquire them through your bridging visa.

Correct, there is definitely no chance of getting working rights with the bridging visa automatically. But they can apply for working rights on grounds of hardship.

Thanks for the replies, I was in Australia when i applied for the LRR visa before it was closed. Im considering applying for work rights on the Bridging visa under hardship claims. Im living with my mum at the moment and she is also sponsoring me. So i was worried about claiming hardship in case they say that my mum isn't in a financial position to sponsor me if she can't support me without me having a job . Also , do i just send a letter to immigration to ask for work rights or do i have to fill in the form .. Thanks again for any help :)

Thanks for the replies, I was in Australia when i applied for the LRR visa before it was closed. Im considering applying for work rights on the Bridging visa under hardship claims. Im living with my mum at the moment and she is also sponsoring me. So i was worried about claiming hardship in case they say that my mum isn't in a financial position to sponsor me if she can't support me without me having a job . Also , do i just send a letter to immigration to ask for work rights or do i have to fill in the form .. Thanks again for any help :)

As I say, there is no way you will know until you try. On paper it would look like no you wouldn't qualify, but in practice, I haven't noticed them to be particularly strict in the interpretation. Don't know what the exact process is, you will need to look that up or pop into an immigration office perhaps.