change of life - change of career

Guest graham c

Guest graham c

Hi, I am considering a change of career when i emigrate to Oz, hopefully by the end of this year.

I am a hard working 43 year old male who has worked in IT for a number of years but has always had an interest in most aspects of DIY.

Is there anyone else out there who has gone out to Ox and retrained completely, if so how did you find it?

I was thinking of a trade like carpenter or electrician, a lot of retraining I know but I'm sure anything is possible

thanks graham

• 5 years later...

not done it but I too am thinking of a possible change of career once in OZ (I am a secondary school teacher). I plan to start working as a supply teacher then see what comes up and go from there. There are no guarantees I will get a teaching job so keeping my options open - I just figure that as I am changing my life I could give changing it completely a go. I have just turned 40 so i guess I am re-evaluating things - i spend so much time working in there evenings and weekends and not sure i want that anymore. :rolleyes:

So I say go for it - you only get one life and i recon its too short to look back with regrets! You seem like you have a positive attitude so hey what have you got to lose?! :wink:

Guest guest30085

Hi kooky

Someone else posted a similar thread a while back (not 2008 ;) ) - I think they were teachers and asking about a change of career. Try searching up above for keywords and see if it comes up - sorry I can't remember who the original poster was

Guest guest30085
I think it was me adonna! Ha ha. Think it is time for me to go get some sleep :cute:

No sorry, I meant to say I thought they were teachers also, it wasn't your thread haha :)

Archived