and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest redback

TOO OLD AND THATS IT?

Guest redback

is the 45 age cut off point cast in stone?time served fully qualified electrician,all recent certs,howeverhave always hit a brick wall cos of my age...is there really no way past this barrier :cry:

Guest sunderland

Hi Iam also a 48year old self employed electrician. Went with a migration company for a matter of 6months with loads of promises of thyem finding me a job with sponsership.Finally decided to fly to Perth in June with a couple of contacts which to my delight proved possitive with job and required sponsership.

Regards Sunderland

hiya

i have read a post somewhere (maybe one of Gill's) saying a good agent will be able to get you a visa under certain circumstances ,i would definately have a chat with a good agent ,you wouldnt want to live thinking 'what if ?',,i can highly recommend VISA BUREAU ,we used this company and didnt have a straight forward case ,they were brilliant from day 1,hope this helps

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest redback

THANX CAL ,YOUR DEAD RIGHT..ILL TAKE YOUR ADVICE,GIVE THEM A CALL..THANX AGAIN

Guest redback

hope u got my message sunderland? cheers :)

Guest sunderland

Your next step needs to be getting your TRA in order. Going back in your working history obtaining references. testimonials and doing a every day description of your jobs. e.i boardchanges, periodic inspections, radial outdoor power supply to outbuildings.

Employment agencies to take a look at in oz are Bluecollar.com, Seek.com. Just apply for all electrical jobs until you get a bite.

Cheers Sunderland

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Kevin

I am posting here which I normally do not do because it is specific to you but your emails bounced back

At 47 years of age you are not eligible for a Skilled visa.

You may be able to get an employer sponsored visa, in certain circumstances. Please could you chose between the job classifications at the end of this email, the one that fits your skills best.

No doubt the best way to secure an employer sponsored visa is face to face in Perth. The challenge you will have in December and January is that it is holiday period here (not to say it is not achievable) and a lot of people take the time off.

I am on the ground in Perth and have a good feel for what is going on here.

It is too early to do a TRA and I would not advise that route until an asssessment has been done for you. You may need it for certain employer sponsored visa's.

Best wishes

Phil

MARA 0637276

OPTION 1

Installs, tests, connects, commissions, maintains and modifies electrical equipment, wiring and control systems.

Tasks Include:

examines wiring diagrams and installation areas to plan layout of wiring systems

responds to break downs, diagnoses and repairs electrical systems and ancillary equipment

positions and installs electrical switchboards

installs sheathed cables

measures, cuts and installs plastic conduit and pulls wires through

splices, twists and solders wires and applies tape or terminal caps

connects installed wires to circuit breakers, transformers, timers and other electrical equipment

installs and connects items such as switches, lighting fixtures and earthing systems

connects electrical systems to power supply

tests continuity of circuit

may install, modify, maintain and repair electrical equipment such as storage heaters, water heaters, lighting, motors, electric signs or switchboards

OPTION 2

Services and repairs intricate and complex electrical or electronic circuitry.

Tasks Include:

diagnoses and repairs faults in electrical circuitry which is of a complex nature

analyses drawings and specifications to determine sequences and methods of operation

uses electrical and electronic test instruments to trace faults

dismantles units, repairs or replaces defective components and re-assembles them

test-operates and monitors the performance of systems, and adjusts settings

records causes of malfunctioning and action taken

may service and repair circuitry in prototype and other non-standard units

may service and repair components of electrical equipment powered by hydraulic, pneumatic or other non-electrical energy sources