12mth visiting visa waiting time

Guest bigjez

Guest bigjez

hi guys can anyone help on this one my inlaws are in oz and haven been there on a 12 mth visitors visor and are due to come back this month what i would like to know is can they apply for another 12mth visa for nov this year or is there a waiting time they will have to wait cheers jez

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jez

There is no set period involved, If they don't want to return to Oz till November, I would apply for the next visa about a month before their proposed travel dates and then book the flights once they get the visas.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest bigjez
Hi Jez

There is no set period involved, If they don't want to return to Oz till November, I would apply for the next visa about a month before their proposed travel dates and then book the flights once they get the visas.

cheers gill so in theory once back they could apply and get another straight away if they wanted to

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi jez

In theory, yes, but DIAC would frown if they then went traight back to Oz. I think they would do much beter to leave it until closer to their intended date of travel.

DIAC baulk at the idea that somebody is trying to use repeated tourist visits as a means of living in Australia. Once they grant the visa they have no control over when the person might travel to Oz.

So it really would be much better to delay making the new application until much nearer the time when the new visas will actually be used, I would suggest.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived