and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gollywobbler

Citizenship Question

Guest Gollywobbler

I'm being a wet drip but I'm confused. Brain-bashing might fix this but there might be an easier way......

My Mum now has her Contributory Parent 143 visa, granted on 15 September 2006. The visa-label is now in her passport. She will leave the UK on Saturday Oct 7 2006, arriving in Perth the next day.

Presumably she will officially become a Permanent Resident of Oz on 8th October 2006? If so, will she be affected by the new Citizenship rules, or will she come under the current rules still?

I'd be very grateful to anyone who might be able to help with this, because although there are loads of threads on the point, nobody else seems to have asked about people who are on this sort of possible "cusp."

Many thanks

Gill

Guest Alison1967
I'm being a wet drip but I'm confused. Brain-bashing might fix this but there might be an easier way......

My Mum now has her Contributory Parent 143 visa, granted on 15 September 2006. The visa-label is now in her passport. She will leave the UK on Saturday Oct 7 2006, arriving in Perth the next day.

Presumably she will officially become a Permanent Resident of Oz on 8th October 2006? If so, will she be affected by the new Citizenship rules, or will she come under the current rules still?

I'd be very grateful to anyone who might be able to help with this, because although there are loads of threads on the point, nobody else seems to have asked about people who are on this sort of possible "cusp."

Many thanks

Gill

Gill

It should state it on her letter or email confirming the visa, mine did

Ali

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Ali and many thanks

I must confess I have not yet read Mum's grant letter thoroughly. The CO's e-mail said, "Please be assured that the visa has been granted." The letter itself was an attachment. It was also a blur!

I will read the letter properly this weekend. I am finding that it takes time to believe that the quest for the visa really is finished and that the family can feel secure, instead of imagining that one visa-scuppering disaster after another is lying in wait round the next bend.

Thanks again

Gill

Guest Alison1967
Hi Ali and many thanks

I must confess I have not yet read Mum's grant letter thoroughly. The CO's e-mail said, "Please be assured that the visa has been granted." The letter itself was an attachment. It was also a blur!

I will read the letter properly this weekend. I am finding that it takes time to believe that the quest for the visa really is finished and that the family can feel secure, instead of imagining that one visa-scuppering disaster after another is lying in wait round the next bend.

Thanks again

Gill

The whole process infuriates and confuses everyone. Read the letter at the weekend and celebrate with some aussie wine :wink:

Ali x