You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

ls13

Current spouse visa processing times

Can anyone who has recently applied for a spouse visa via the London office let me know how long it has taken to be granted the visa - I keep getting the standard email saying the proceessing time is 8-9 months but as I had comleted the medical and police check after 3 months, I can't see what takes the extra 6 months? In reality does the visa get granted earlier than 8-9 months if everything is straightforward?

It's pot luck to be honest, it could be from 7 months, it could take longer.

To know what takes the extra 6 months you would need to ask immigration. If you look at the long running thread for spouse visas you will see that some people are waiting just over 9 months but generally it gets granted at about 8-9 months.

Husband's Spouse Visa Offshore Application 309/100 Sent 24/09/13

Application Received at Australia House, London 25/09/13 @ 07:49

Payment taken 26/09/13

CO assigned 05/11/13 (WP)

Visa Subclass 100 Partner Migrant Visa granted 30/05/14

Many thanks - yes, I've just found the thread you mentioned so will browse throught it now.

Current official time is 8-9 months. Work to this and if it happens to come through a bit sooner, all good.

12-15 months is what they're currently quoting onshore. In case you're interested, offshore processing times through London have gone up since this thread was originally posted, though (you bumped up an old one). London is quoting 10-14 months processing, currently.

Applied for PMV 300: 18 April 2013 (Washington, D.C.) Police Checks: Front-loaded. Medicals: 3 June 2013 Meds Referred: ? Meds Cleared: 8/2013 PMV GRANTED: 03 JAN 2014! Married: March 2014. Applied for 820: 28 April 2014. 820 GRANTED: 07 July 2014!