Told the Folks today

Guest happygolucky

Guest happygolucky

:(

Finally plucked up the courage to tell my folks of our plans today - feel like i have just turned there life upside down, although it is likley to be a while before we have the visa,s (Submitted Mid Aug) i needed to be honest with them - i tell them everything and hated not sharing our plans with them - they took the news well accepted our reasons, shared are views on it was the best for our daughter but they couldnt help but feel sad and now i am really torn!!! its the first time i have seen my dad get tears in his eyes.

Guest Nathan & Mandie

I think you have done the right thing. Like you say, you are still a way off from getting your Visa, but at least now your parents have plenty of time to get use to the idea and can share in your emotions and experiences before you go. Hopefully, their support will also encourage you along. Also, if they found out about your plans by someone else, they would probably be very hurt. Good Luck with your application.

Mandie

you did right by telling them your plans. We told our parents at the begining before we had even had my husband's skills assessed. They were great about it. As time went along and we started paying out big amounts of money out they became a little strange - saying "you might not end up going anyway". We have had our visa a month now and are just waiting for the house to sell - mums and dads have come around now too and are now excited about the new holiday destination - with free accomodation!!!! - they have had a year to get use to it - (see my post bloomin parents on Migration Issues 19th June 2006.

Est x

:D

Guest happygolucky

Thanks for your kind words it really helps to talk!!!I am glad we told my parents now although when i spoke to my mom this morning they are still in shock - i guess for me its been should we tell them when we have the visa as we may not be going- dont like to assume we are until the visa's are in hand... in the end trying to think positive and yes we will be going (subject to medicals and police checks).....

Archived